Game ti-

Jess

I could hear the crowd before I even walked out of the double doors. Thousands of voices, some cheering, some booing, but all loud and excited. My breath quickened and I could feel my heart leap into my throat. Terror. Excitement. Nervousness. All coursing through my body. I felt! a shove as we all huddled behind the huge doors. Hoots. Shouts. Cursing. I close my eyes, trying to shut it all out. I take deep breaths. I hear an announcers voice, booming through the stadium.

"And here are our Wildcats!"

The band plays our fight song, echoing off the walls and bleachers, barley audible with so many people. I see the doors open, and the bright lights flood into the dim room. I feel myself being shoved, part of the mass group of people. I see Erik running out first, a look of pride plastered on his handsome face. I shake the thought away and speedy up. I can hardly hear anything, except for the blood pumping in my ears. This was it. It was time. I glance over and see the coach adjusting his earpiece and checking his clipboard, I glance back over to the guy in front off me. He's huge and takes long srides. I feel the humid air and the refreshing cool air on my bare skin. I hear the soft sound of the turf crunching under my cleats. I fall into the sidelines and stand behind the whit lines. My hearing comes back and I hear my name. No, not me, but Wolf. Wolf. I was Wolf. I see Erik and the other captain from the other team walk to the middle off the field. Erik's helmet at his side. I see the coin flip and hear Erik shout out 'Heads!'

The coin lands on tails.

"First defense!" the Coach yells. I jump up and feel hands slapping my back. I run to my position and drop down. I look over and see Jim, one of the defensive lineman. He gives me a grim nod, and turns his attention back to the ball. I do the same, I see the quarterbacks left leg hit the ground and then the right. The ball goes flying into the thick nights air. The quarterback catches it, pumps the ball, then throws it. I run up to him, but I'm met with a tackle. I see the ball go flying as I try to sidestep him. The inside catches it then runs toward the end zone. He jumps at the end,sliding, as cheers erupt from the other team. The coach shakes his head then glances at me. I give him a nod and I get back to my posistion. This continues till Erik, a inside linebacker, intercepts it and runs about 25 yards till he's tackled. Our side cheers as he jogs to his offensive position. I take a seat on the cold metal bench and wait for my turn.

Half-Time

We all jogged back to the locker room till halftime is over.

Some of us sat on the wooden benches or on the floor. I grabbed a bottle of water and chugged it.

"Slow down or you might choke, I'm not complaining though." Water dribbles down my mouth as I face the speaker. Erik's stands there, his helmet off, black hair glistening, green eyes gleaming. I set the bottle down and move out of his way. He just smirks and heads off to his friends. We were down by 3 touchdowns, we started defense on the next quarter. The Coach came in and spoke to us, then he talked to me. I looked back at the clock. 10 minutes left. Then the feeling came back. I clutched my heart and fell to the floor, no one saw me, which was good. I sat there for almost the the time we had left. All to sudden it was time to go back out. The crowd was cheering, stomping there feet in sync. I run out onto the field and and get into my outside linebacker position. I see the other team break from there huddle. The whistle sounds and it's game on. After about the tenth play, things got heated, we were defending. Good. They couldn't get past 5 yards. Then it went downhill.

"Break!" I hear a husky voice shouts. I drop into my position and see the QB stomp his foot again. I see the pigskin flying through the air. I block the running back and run towards the ball. My hands open, waiting to feel the ball in my hands. The feeling never comes. I turn to see a giant, 200 pound man running towards me at full speed. My mind doesn't process it until it's to late. All of the sudden I'm weightless and can't feel the ground underneath me. Then I feel the sickening crunch as my back hits the fake grass. I feel like I'm being dragged across the ground as my momentum launches me forward. I flip over and my shoulder hits the ground with a solid thud. That's not the worst part. My helmet goes soaring through the air and it's so quite, I can hear it land. I see my helmet on the ground and know it's too late.

Oooohhhhh cliffhanger. Thank you guys for reading and voting, I really appreciate that. I will post soon and I'm really sorry that the chapters are short. I write for what feels like hours, then I read over it and I only wrote like 5 sentences so yeah, that's that. Well have a wonderful day.