The Game: Part 2

So we were winning. But as people say "Nothing lasts forevers". Screw you, people. We were on defense. We blocked, we hit and tackled, we dog piled. We did everything, we were giving it our all. But they were strong, like Arnold Schwarzenegger strong. They weren't getting tired while we were dying. So we get to the next play, I glance at the Eagles coach, a evil grin plastered on his tan-orange-face. It was like looking at a buffed up evil carrot wearing a gold jumpsuit. It wasn't pretty. As I wait for the ball to be snapped I try to calm my shaking leg. Blondie gets into position his hands forming a diamond shape.

"HUT!" He shouts and the game is on.

I rush forward and one of the linemen slams into me, full force. I try to shove my way past but am unable to, it was like me against a tractor. A sharp whistle blow makes me stop. I turn and see Darius on the ground, clutching his thigh. I start to run towards him but feel strong arms holding me back. I struggle but know its useless. We all drop to one knee, courtesy or something. The Eagles coach still has his evil grin, not even trying to hide it. Blondie stands by The Golden Carrot, both their heads were together, whispering something inaudible. The stands were quiet as Darius was loaded onto a stretcher, the wheels screeching as they rode to the ambulance. I blinked trying to clear my vision, everything was a blur. Darius wasn't the only one who got hurt. Three more of our guys fell victim to the evil golden carrot. Another lineman and a second string QB. They were taking us out, one by one. We were on offense a couple of minute till halftime. I ran to my position, wide receiver and waited for the play. Erik snaps the ball and were off. In 2 minutes we manage to move only 5 yards. I hear cries and curses in the stands and I feel like doing both. I get into position and wait for the snap. I feel eyes staring at me which may sound stupid cause I'm actually playing football and people at watching me cause I play football and they like football and- You know forget that. I see Erik staring at me, his startling green eyes still bold even with the visor still covering my face. He turns his attention back in front. The ball lands perfectly in his hands. I run forward and block. The whistle blows and I know Erik had gotten tackled. The safety doesn't stop though, instead he picks me up and slams me into the turf, driving his shoulder into my rib cage. My breath catches in my throat, I gasp for air and struggle to move or breathe. The lights start to dim and the voices seem to become muffled and thick like their mouthes are filled with molasses. I feel the safety being ripped of of me an hands unclasps my helmet.

"Stay with me Brianna, stay with me, please." I soft voice says while pushing strands of hair out of my face. All of a sudden there's commotion. My vision slowly starts coming back while I'm being lifted on a gurney, instead of entering an ambulance I'm rushed inside and the smell of dirty clothes fills my nose before I pass out.

Sorry this took so long and some of you are probably wondering "didn't this happen already?"Ok look guys, you have to understand that she is not supposed to play cause she could be paralyzed for the rest of her life but she's choosing to take that risk. And now she's gotten hurt, again. Sorry I just had to clear something's up. Have a wonderful day!