Blast from the past

Jess

I open my eyes and see green ones stare at me. I blink the sun out of my eyes and see a hand reach down. Am I dead? I feel myself being pulled up and I finally see my helper. I stare at a younger version of Erik, 8 years old. I look down and notice that I'm wearing my old jersy, from 3rd grade. I know where I'm at. I see 12 other small kids wearing matching maroon jerseys, I'm 8 years old. This is my old field. I stare and see a younger version of Coach. Coach? I take a closer look and see that it is him, he has a full head of brown hair, and has less wrinkles. I feel a slap on the back of my helmet. I spin around and come face to face with Erik.

"You ok?" He asks. What knucklehead slapped someone and asked if they were fine? Well that was Erik for you.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nod and jog back to the group with Erik.

I hear a snicker from a gang of linemen behind me.

"Erik and Jess sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love-" I spin towards him and he just grins, I see the messy plain blonde hair and know that it's Devin.

"What? You want to say something?" He says. I look over ad see Erik clench his fists, but his face is red. Was he blushing? I stick my arm out before he can pounce. A bright emerald fire ignites in his eyes. For some reason I feel strong, like I'm unstoppable. I hold him back.

"What? Need your girlfriend to protect you?" Devin mocks. Erik's breathe quickens into short ones.

"Well at least he has one!" I shout. It takes me a moments to realize what I said. Erik looks at me, and I start to blush.

"Why would I want one if they look like you?! You're ugly!" He spits. My chest tightens and it takes all my willpower not to like, I don't know, accidentally let go of Erik, and slowly walk away as he killed Devin.Yep happy thoughts.

"That's what your mom said when you were born!" Erik shouts. Whoa. It just got real.

"Need some ice for that burn? Moron!" I push Erik back. I look up and see Coach behind Devin. Devin turns, his neck craning upward to look at the Coach. His body becomes rigid, his hands clench.

"My office. Now!" he shouts and Devins squeaks as he runs away. The Coach glances at us, then at me and Erik. He adjusts his matron hat, glances at his clipboard, then back at us.

"Practice is dismissed." He says, then walks off. Leaving 20 bad smelling kids glancing at each other. I grab Erik's arm ad drag him away, ignoring all the snickers and stares. I unclip my helmet, and drop it loosely at my side. I feel a soft pitter patter on my head, it's raining. Erik and I walk down the small hill, to the parking lot. The rain falls harder, making wince, each time it hits my arm. We walk in silence, the only only sound is the forceful rain and the 'pat' of my helmet, hitting my side. All of a sudden my foot slips and I grab onto the nearest thing. Which happens to be Erik. He loses his balance and we go down, just like the Titanic. We tumble into a ditch, filled with mud. I wipe the dirt from my eyes and I realize where I'm at. Like the position I'm in. Yeah, it was pretty awkward. As my vision clears i notice that I'm laying on top of Erik, yep, totally crushing him. I get up, extending my hand towards him. He takes it, then pulls me down. I splash mud everywhere as I hit. Dang it Erik.

"Really? You just had too?" I say as he smears mud on my face with a grin.

"Yep." is all he says. We play and splash around in the mud for about an hour till our rides get here. I walk with him to his nice car. His mom probably had a heart attack when she saw Erik, mud dripping from his clothes. I hug him as he's about to get in his car. Then an impulsive washes over me. I kiss him on his muddy cheek. His faces flushes a deep red, that u can see behind the dirt caked over he's face.

"Bye Erik."

"Bye Jess."

"Call me Taylor."

Hey guys, I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments I really enjoy them. I'm sorry that this isn't so great. I didn't really feel like writing but that wouldn't be fair to y'all. I will post soon, I promise, and why do you think about "Taylor" hmmmm? So what do ya? Huh? Huh? Huh? Thanks you guys and I would really love if you guys would ask me questions about me or the book it anything like that, km thinking about doing a Q&A. Well thanks and comment questions! Have an AWESOME day!