Coming home

I was released from the hospital the next day, tired yet wide awake from what the nurse had said. I was quite the whole ride to school. Kaitlin had picked me up, she didn't press anything on the football topic. I stared out of the tinted windows, the dark city, with colorful skyscrapers blurred past us. The sky was empty except for a dull white crescent in the night sky. I place my hand on my stomach, feeling the gauze that wrapped around. Mending. That's what the doctor said they had to do. They were mending. But I was crushed. If I did play again, I would be paralyzed or worse, death. I feel a cold tear slide along my face. I turn my attention back to the city. I see a someone frown at me, a hollow look in their eyes. Like an empty person. I blink and their gone. Just like me. Kaitlin pulls into the school parking lot. She shuts the car off and opens her door. I unbuckle an wince as I step out of the car. Each step send sharp pains through my stomach. O clench my teeth from crying out. When I finally make it to my dorm, Kaitlin's in bed, her doors lock, darkness seeping out from underneath. I brush my teeth, change clothes and slip into bed. Soon I pass out.

When I wake up the next noting Kaitlin's gone and I notice the time on the clock. 12:37 Dang it! I quickly pull sweatpants and a clean ( hopefully ) white shirt and converse. I sling my bag over my shoulder and rush out of the room. To much in a hurry to care about the stinging pain in my side. Lunch. It was Lunch time. I slow down until I go into a slow walk. The pain has returned. I limp my way to my 6 period class. As I turn into a crowded hallway everyone's heads snap towards me. The hall goes quite and I remember why. Football game. Wolf. Jess. Taylor. Erik. Thoughts goes spinning in my head. I notice a group of girls look at me, disgust in their faces. They start muttering, a evil grin plastered on their faces. Their annoying looking faces. I keep my head up as I walk down the hall. People stare, while some whisper. I try to ignore them. The bell rings and everyone starts heading towards their class. A group of snobbish girls, the ones ones who were planning their freakin marriage with Wolf, bumps into me making me cringe, as a shot of pain shoots through me. Jen smiles, her bouncy blonde curls falling perfectly around her small face.

"You know, I should really thank the guy who hit you, you know."

I keep walking, shoving past her.

"You are pathetic! You hear me? You're pathetic!" She screams. Don't cry, don't cry, I tell myself. I hear the bell ring and know in late I push open the heavy mahogany doors ad hear Professors Conns voice echo of the smooth gray walls. Everyone's heads snap towards me and I catch Erik's startling bold green eyes meet mine. He turns his head back an keeps writing. Professor Conn stops talking and walks towards me, her brown hair swinging behind her.

"Write what the board says." She says.

"Jess, why aren't you resting?" I can feel the students eyes on me. I gulp.

"I feel fine, I can participate in class." I say, trying not to wince as I spoke. My he hole body felt like it was on fire, everything ached.

"No your not. Go back to your dorm and rest. I'll send someone to bring you your notes and work. Just take it easy." With that she gently closes the door, leaving me staring at a blank door. I turn around an head back to my room, my shoes squeaking on the slick floors. I unlock the door, throw the keys on the counter, then flop onto my bed. A sharp pain shoots through my stomach and I wince. No. You are not going to live like this. Get Up. I think to myself. I change into black pants and throw on a jacket. I tuck my phone into one of the Isolde pockets push earbuds into my ear. I try not to grimace as I walk out and onto the track. I shove my hands deep into my pockets, looking for warmth. I listen to my music, breathing deeply as I walk, a puff of fog hanging in the air. I don't know how long I walked, but the next time I looked up, guys in football gear come flooding onto the field. I try not to stare, but it's hard, I know each and every player on that team. I watch them as they start to stretch, laughing and smacking each other. Someone sees me and starts pointing. I hear whispers and whistling. Turning my head back to the track in front of me I try to block them out.

"Jess!" I hear them shout. I turn my attention back to them, they start waiving their hands and I walk towards them a burning feeling in my gut. I dig my numbing fingers deeper in my jacket.

"Hey." I say, try bit to shiver form the cold. The temperature had suddenly dropped today.

"So, how's everything, you feeling ok?" I hear Logan ask. His brown eyes staring into mine.

"Yeah, just a little soar. You guys?" I ask. I didn't know why, but the guys are totally oblivious to the cold.

"We're doing fine, running a lot and working our buts off." Logan laughs. I chat with the guys for a little while till the coach come outs. The guys run Ono their stretch lines and stand in DUB position, attention with hands at the back. I sit on one of the metal benches, almost jumping up from the cold. I watch the team, running plays, blocking, and like Logan said, working their butts off. But they looked happy. I mean, yeah they were sweating, they were grunting, they were panting but they truly looked like they were happy to be here. The pain in my stomach starts up again. By the time I leave they're breaking out. I walk slowly to my dorm, each steps a pain. I unlock my door, change clothes, and flopped onto my bed. I hear a ping and bright glow erupts from my laptop. With a sigh I click on the link and nearly fall off my bed. It was a blog. About me. And they weren't nice about it. I read over the text.

Football. A guys sport. Made for guys and played by guys. Until Jess, or should we call her Brianna. Yep, the Brianna who missed the winning catch. The catch that would have put Wenton High School the winning champions of the season, buts she didn't. Oops. Then she moved here, to our collage. So to all you football guys, don't throw her the ball, but in the first place, why would you even, she can't even play. My 10 year old brother plays better than her, and he's freakin disabled. Brianna is useless. She is pathetic. The only reason she wanted to play football is to be popular. News Flash, your not, your 10 minutes of fame are up. Your just another face in the crowd, an ugly one by the way. Oh, and by the way, she can't ever play again. She will never be able to walk out onto the field again. She's done, forever. And Brianna, if you're reading this, I just want to let you know, your over, you are through.

Love and kisses

-anom

I slam the laptop shut and burry my head into my pillows. Tears streaming down my face as the realizations hits me. I'm through.

Sorry for the long wait, I was trying to make this chapter longer. How have you guys been? Thank you so much for reading and voting, how are you liking the book so far? Well thanks and have a great day!