The Game: Part 7

Millions of thoughts float around in my jam packed mind. How? What? And some other not nice words popped into my head. Derik sneered and got ready. I, doing the same.
My heart beat faster than the crowds stomping feet.

Flashback

"Hbo!"

I hear the snap of the ball, and rush foreword. I'm met with the Inside Receiver and I push all my weight into him. We struggle, until we hear the whistle and stop. We run back to our position ready for another go. The whistle screeches again, and I rush forward. This time he barrels straight at me. I can't beat that, it's like trying to stop a bull. I panic and move out of the way. But as I did so, my back foot gets caught in a clump of grass, making my foot stick out. He can't stop, and he goes flying over me. I hear a grunt and see him on the ground. I see all the guys looking at me. It takes me a few moments for me to realize what it must've looked like. I flipped over a 150 pound man over, easily. I see the inside stand up and realizes it's Derik. His face holds a look of pure hatred and my stomach flips, knowing this isn't going to end well. Derik jogs back to his position, and squats down. I hear the snap and run forward. I smash into him and I try to move forward. I hear the whistle and stop, but Derik keeps going. I smash into the ground and try to blink the turf out of my eyes. Above me I see Derik about to do a WWE move. I close my eyes, waiting for impact. I don't feel it come and open my eyes. I see Logan pushing Derik to the ground, holding him down. The Coach blows the whistle 2 times and we all stand in attention and shout Dub ( depend upon brother ). I slowly stand up, my back bruised. Logan releases Derik, and he pulls his helmet off.

"What were you, thinking?" The coach asks, deadly calm.

You should be afraid when the coach yells, but when he's calm, be very afraid. The next few minutes is a blur. Derik has to run laps every day and is suspended from all games.
After we break out and everyone jogs to the locker room, I feel a shove from behind and stumble to the ground. The next thing I know is that Derik has my jersey in his grip. His helmets off and sweat drips off his hair and face. His face is so close I feel like he can actually see through the visor. He grits his teeth.

"Watch your back Wolf. Next time, Coach won't be there to save your sorry butt next time." He shoves me back and walks angrily away. So I'm left sitting on the ground, my butt bruised, and trying so hard not to scream.

End of Flashback

The ball is snapped and in rushes Derik. He's gotten stronger, but so have I. We collide. I shoves me backwards and I shove him back. The whistle blows and he's still shoving. This boy has some major issues, he holds grudges longer than any girl I've met. The ref shoves me and Derik back, roughly. What's with everyone shoving? And when I think the referee is going to tell Derik off, he spins around and points a chubby finger at me and starts yelling, saying after the whistle blows that I need to stop. He gives us a warning and continues on. While he's walking away I resist the urge to shout " Yeah that was definitely my fault because I was trying to pry his fingers on my jersey!" But I don't say that. Instead Coach calls a huddle. While he's talking I realize something. Derik holds grudges. He's not ever going to stop trying hit me, even if he's supposed to stop the opponents team from scoring that was his weakness. He wouldn't stop, he didn't care if his team won or lost, he just wanted me to pay. So I made a plan, a devious plan, a plan so evil it made grown men shake a tremble. Just kidding, instead I told Coach and he made a really simple plan. Even though with this plan I would never get the ball, but so what, it'll help the team. I get the play, then get into my position and we run the play. Derik hits me, the inside receiver runs right past us and makes it through the end zone, the orange score switches to a bolder number. We were only down by two touchdowns, we have a chance. Play after play, Derik goes after me, ignoring the glaring daggers that the evil carrot is throwing at him. Each play, I get more and more bruised. I can taste blood in my mouth from when I bit my tounge beacuse I was to late too put my mouth piece in, leaving a copper tint in my mouth. I can feel my lip start to swell, I already wrapped my left hand, a nasty turf burn after Derik literally dragged me across the field. The trainer had wrapped my ribs, ankles and my right knee. I had countless scars on my leg, my leg was stained with crimson. The Coach called a huddle. I wasn't the only one 'damaged'. We were tied and had 15 seconds left on the clock. We were giving it our all, every single one of us. We were tired, we wanted to quit, to give up, bu we didn't. We trudge along. Coach took a deep breath and too a long look around him, staring each of us in the eyes. He looked at his clipboard then back at me.

"We came here to play football. We came here to represent our school. We came here to protect our sschool. We are not going to be pushed around, espicially by the Eagles. We came here to win. For us, for the team, for every person sitting in those stands. They believe in us. And we are not going to dissapoint them. We are not going to let them down. Are we?" Coach shouts.

"No!" We scream.

"Are we going to let them embarss usin our own house?"

"No!"

"Are we going to go out there and win?"

Evreyone was hollaring and screaming, some shouting DUB, while others made unhumane sounds. Coach told us the play and my face morphs into confusion and doubt.

"Coach, are you sure I don't I can do this. I don't to be the reason for our....loss." I say. Coach lookas at me and says,

"Mistakes. Everyone makes them, but you know what, we learn from them. In a way they make us better. Just..believe." He says. Logan puts a resuring hand on my shoulder.

"Brianna, we all stand behind you. We won't let anyone hurt you." I smile at him. Yeah, say that to all my scars and bruises. I'm more purple and blue than my original skin tone. Erik puts his hand out and looks at me.

"You break us out and lead us onto the field." He says, a small smile tugging the corners of  his lips. I grin and put my hand ontop of his. Logan folowing, than everyone else.

"1!" I am a wildcat.

"2!" I came here to win.

"3!" Nothing will stop me.

"DUB!" We're finally here.

A/N So sorry about the long wait, but I think this is my longest chapter yet, even though I inserted another chapter in here ( nervous laughter ). Thank you guys so much for the support, the votes and the kind comments really make my day. BTW ( PLEASE READ ) i want to know who you guys ship more

Brianna and Erik or Brianna and Logan

And comment a ship name for the one you choose.

Again thank you guys so much and have a wonderful day!