Buds

I lay in my bed, my pillow soaked with salty tears. My head is throbbing, a wrenching pain in my guy overflows throughout my body. I can hardly breathe, the oxygen is caught in my throat, my whole body shakes in agony. The many blankets are now tangled with my legs, my arms covering my face. My whole body shakes. All of a sudden a knock rang's throughout the dorm. I sit in silence, wondering if I had imagined it.
'Tap. Tap.'
I quickly get up, it's not Kaitlin she has a key. I wash my face hopping it wasn't red and puffy. I wipe my face with the sleeve of my jacket and swing open the door, coming face to face with Erik. His hand holds a stack of paper, my work.

"Thanks." I manage to mumble, my voice cracking. I try to shut the door but, it slams on his foot. He doesn't enter the room, but just stands in the doorway, his face all seriousness. I look at him and he stares back at me. We stand there in an uncomfortable silence. He raise his head.

"How are you holding up?" He says. I feel like my legs have turned to jelly. My head was throbbing, my body shook, my arms shivering. I can see the words bright and clear, freshly implanted in my mind. I can feel the tears hanging over the edge of my eyes, on the tips of the lashes. Don't cry, don't cry. Bur I can't help it, it hurts and Erik can see it. Without thinking I step closer to him and hug him. He seems taken back, but quickly wraps his arms around me. We stand in the doorway, boy caring who passed us. Mu whole body shook as I cried. He just hugged me tighter. I could smell the fresh scent of his gray shirt. His long arms were strong around my waist and shoulders We stood there, time passing by, we finally break apart and his green eyes search my face. I move and let him enter into the room. We sit on the couch, silence. I finally speak.

"Were you the one who told?" I ask. He looks at me.

"No." He answers. He's telling the truth. If it wasn't him the only people who knew it was me that missed the winning ball was the cheerleaders and the mascot. We sit in silence for a little while. I lean into him, his chest and shoulder was solid. He smelled nice, warmth radiates off of him. We sit here until I pull away.

"You should probably go. I say not really wanting him too. He nods,stands up and waves as he exits. I sigh as I stand up, homework. Why does it have to be homework?

Sorry that this is really short. I was really busy and I just had my last football game😫😩😭😪😢😥😓 The next chapter will be longer, I promise, I feel really bad for making you wait this long and posting a short chapter. I'm really sorry, Have a AWESOME day!