People problems

Today was Tuesday. I had this week and next till the Homecoming game. I was pulled on sweatpants ( again ) and I big cozy hoodie, yeah I know I looked good. I swing my sack of a bag over my soar shoulder, grimacing. The pain in my stomach hasn't subsided, but grew stronger every day. Get over it. I say to my self. I'm about to leave as Kaitlin comes into the kitchen, her straight black hair is in a sloppy pony tail. She looked like she hasn't had enough sleep. Light bag puff beneath her dark brown and usually awake eyes. I felt a pang of guilt, she was mad but sad at the same time. Be the bigger man I think, after all I was acting like one, in a way. I gulp and make my way back to the kitchen. I take deep breaths, ready to be shot down at the instant I one my mouth.

"So, you want to go swing by the Hut?" I ask. She adjusts the straps o her backpack on her shoulders. I stood there shifting lightly on the balls of my feet.

"Yeah, sure why not." she answers. I'm taken a back at first, but quickly get over it.

We walk through the quite courtyard, auburn leaves falling to the ground, the fountain making soft gurgling noises, and the steady tapping of our boots on the grey cobblestone ground. Silence. I tug my coat lower and dig my hands deeper into my pockets. We finally make it to the Hut, a small, cozy looking shack. The bells jingle as I push the door open, breathing in the warm aroma of coffee. we step on front of the counter, a bored looking guy with shaggy brown hair and oversized glasses, leans on the counter.

"Yes?" He asks. Well some woke up on the wrong side of bed.

"Um, I'll take a peppermint coffee." I say. I turn and look back at Kaitlin who's eyes are scanning over the black board, and the colorful written words in bright chalk.

"What do you want?" I ask. She turns toward me her pony tail whipping in her face. We stand there a moment, until we busty out laughing. I see the guy stare at us like we belong in the mental institution, he probably had a point. Kaitlin catches her breath and mutters,

"I'll take the same."

I pull out my wallet, Kaitlin doing the same. I turn to her.
"I got this, it's fine." I say pulling out cash.

"No I got this." She says, shoving me out I the way. I shove her back,
"Bruh, I got this."
Kaitlin try's to push me but I won't budge. Thank you football. She try's handing money to the confused looking guy but I smack her hand away and shove him the money. I bump Kaitlin and she stumbles sideways. I take the change and the coffee and jog to a booth. Kaitlin sits down, giving me the evil eye.

"I felt bad." I say, trying to explain. She waves a hand.

"Mhm." She mutters.

"No really, I'll let you pay next time then." I say and Kaitlin laughs.

"So tell me exactly what was going on, like the football deal. So I tell her, every detail, and what happened exactly when I got hit. We sit and chat, our friendship slowly fixing together. We walk to our class, a smile on both I out faces. I had my friend back.

I'm so sorry I didn't update, I was grounded😭😩 I know I promised a longer chapter but I wanted you guys to at least have something, so sorry. Hope you have a great day, and thanks!