| C h a p t e r : t w e l v e |

Riva's pov

Riva's pov

"Dad had an heart stroke. He has been taken to hospital." As soon as  these words escaped his mouth my world shattered.

I was about to fall when someone held me. I held the person's arm and saw that it was veer.

"Take me to ho.. hospital." I whispered. Veer nodded and held my hand. We both walked towards his car. Sara was waiting there for us. I sat on passenger's seat with veer on driver's seat and avi sara took the backseat.

My mind wasn't thinking anything straight. It was like I was in the state of coma. The ride to hospital felt like the longest ride of life. As soon as he stopped the car I opened the door with force and ran inside the hospital.

"Where is Mr. Kabir Raichand? He was just brought here." I asked the receptionist hurriedly.

"He is on fifth floor in ICU no. 5." I saw the elevator and ran inside before it could close and soon I was on the floor. I moved out of lift and stood there.

I couldn't move. I don't know what's gonna happen when I will be there. I felt someone holdings my hand. I looked beside and saw avi.

"Di, let's go." We both moved towards the icu. I saw my mom, Ayesha maa, mihir papa, and Veer's parents there. I looked at mom and Ayesha maa they both were crying and Sunaina aunty was trying to console them. I rushed towards my mom and hugged her

"Ri, see what happened to your dad? I told him to not overwork and take so much but he never listens to me." She said while crying. I didn't understand her but now was not the time to talk about all this. I have to be strong for my mom, my brother avi. I'm my dad's strong Princess.

"Mom please stop crying. Nothing will happen to Dadda. He is a strong man. He won't like to see his wife crying when he wakes up." I said consoling her.

Avi came and sat beside mom hugging her. I stood up and went towards Ayaan uncle.

"Uncle what did the doctor say? What happened to him?" I asked him. He hugged me at first and pecked my forehead which reminded me of my dad and a tear escaped my eyes. I wiped it before anyone could see.

"Kavya called me when I was about to sleep. She was saying that kabir was not feeling well. He was feeling aching sensation all over his body and he wasn't able to breathe. I knew what it was so I rushed to their room but before that only kabir fainted. I checked his heart rate and which was very slow so I called the ambulance and we came to know that it was a heart stroke. He is in ICU right now. Riva from what I know kabir was taking to much stress from last few days. His blood pressure was also high when I checked it yesterday. And we also know that he has diabetes which worsen the case." He replied.

"Why didn't anybody told me that? Why was I not informed. How can you all be so careless?" I shouted at him.

"Riva baccha calm down. I can understand what you are going through. And to answer your question kabir didn't wanted to stress you  with his problem. He told me that you already had a lot on your plate and he wanted you to enjoy this wedding. So we didn't informed you about it." He said looking down.

"You can't understand what I am going through right now. It's my father who is fighting there for his life. It's him who might not wake up. You should have told me. You should have." I said angrily as I left from there.

I walked outside the hospital in the garden area. Nobody was there as it was very late hours. I sat on the bench. I couldn't feel anything. Someone came and sat beside me. I looked up and saw it was veer.

"Why are you here now? Just leave from here. I don't want to see you right now." I said looking at him. He didn't said anything just came close to me and then out of sudden hugged me. I was shocked to say would be an understatement.

"Let it out riva. Just let it out." He said soothingly. And that was for me to lower my walls down. One by one tears started coming out of eyes and I was a crying mess on few mins.

"I...I can't lose him veer. I can't lose my dad, my savior, my protector and more than that my whole world. I love him a lot and I just can't think of a day without him being there. He has always been there for me without even me asking. He was there for me when Ayesha maa left. He was my mother, my father for those two years. He always kept my wishes before his. He was there when I used to cry for my mother. He was there for me when I had my first periods. He was there for me when you...you left me." I poured out all what was going on with me.

"Kabir uncle is a strong person. He is a fighter and I'm sure he will get well soon. And now he need you his daughter, his family to be there for him in this hard time. I'm sure he won't be happy to see tears in your eyes. Riva when I say this I mean it that your father is best dad anyone could have. And nothing bad can happen to such person. I do hate you but that doesn't mean that I hate Kabir uncle because he was there for me too when I was new to this business field. He helped me so much in the formation of my company for which I can never repay him. So just gear up because right now your family needs you." He said looking at me as he broke the hug. I wiped my tears and stood up.

"Veer I want to ask you for a favour." I said as he looked at me confusingly of what favour I want so he nodded his head.

"Can you look after my father's company for few days. I will ask mihir uncle if you can't. His manager is there but then also i want someone in his place for few days." I said everything in one breath.

"You don't have to ask him. I will look after the company till kabir uncle is back. His company is just like mine so you don't have to take any tension of that. Now let's go." He said as he moved towards the hospital. I followed him.

I'm glad that Veer was here. We do hate each other or loathe but I'm glad he was with us in our hard times. He might be doing all this for dad but I'm happy that he was here.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

Please vote and comment guys it keeps me motivated 🥺❤️.

Next update-: Tuesday.

How are you all doing?

I hope you all liked it.