| C h a p t e r : t w e n t y - s i x |

Riva's pov

Riva's pov

The continuous knock on my door woke me up from my deep slumber. I looked around and then saw that I was sleeping on the floor with my head on the bed's edge. I must have slept while crying.

"Bhabhi. Open the door. It's me Sara." I stood up and went to washroom to wash my face with water. My eyes were red and anyone could tell that0 I've cried like a lot. After doing my touch-up i went to open the door.

"I was knocking from last 10 mins. What were you doing that you didn't even listen my voice? I was literally gonna break the door." Sara started talking like a express as soon as I opened the door.

"I slept while watching a movie. I must be too tired yaar. Sorry." I replied to her holding my ears.

"No issues. You're just like me only. I do that often and the I've to listen to mom's long speeches and taunts all day." I chuckled. This girl is so chirpy that she can make anyone laugh no matter how much sad you are.

"If you're done with your talk Sara then come downstairs. We have to eat." Mom shouted from downstairs. We both looked at each other. Mom really has super hearing. We both then went downstairs. I greeted both mom dad and then sat on my seat.

"Where is Veer?" Mom asked me. He was the only one missing. And I don't even know where he is.

"I don't know mom. He just went somewhere in afternoon saying that it's something urgent." I lied looking down at my plate. I don't have the courage to look at her face and lie.

"Sara just give a call to your..." Before dad could complete a servent came that there was an important call for dad. And he went after giving the phone to dad.

"Hello, this is Ayaan Agnihotri speaking." Dad said as he picked the call. His expressions changed as the other person spoke something on the call.

"What? Which hospital? Just be there with him Manan. I'm coming." Dad said as he cut the call. He just sat there like a statue.

"What happened Ayaan? Who was it?" Mom asked him as she kept her hand on his.

"It was Manan, one of our employee. He said that Veer had an accident and his condition is fatal." Dad said in whispering tone. And at that moment I felt like my world shattering.

"Dad we have to go to hospital. Please stand up. Bhai is a strong guy. He's a fighter we all know that." Sara said as she stood up. I don't know how can someone be so brave. I stood up too and we all four went outside. Mom and dad took their car. Mom was just mumbling some prayers as she went with dad. Me and sara sat in other car. The driver started the car and soon we were on our way.

Sara was just sitting silently looking outside the window.

"Bhai will be okay na?" Sara whispered asked me as she looked at me. There were tears in her eyes.