| C h a p t e r : s e v e n t e e n |

Veer's pov

Veer's pov

As I entered in my house I saw mom, dad and sara sitting on the couch. They were discussing something and I had an idea about that.

"Bhai you came." Sara said as she looked at me. I sat on the couch resting my legs on the table.

"No. It's my ghost." I said sarcastically. She gave me are-you-nuts look.

"So what have you decided?" Dad asked looking at me intently. Damn, he is super straight.

"It's a yes. I will marry Riva." I said. He simply nodded. What the fuck? I expected some good reactions not a simple nod.

"Good. Now that you agreed get ready in evening. We are going to Raichand's for finalising your wedding dates and all. Don't be late." Dad said in an authoritative voice. One that didn't expect a no.

"Omg bhai you are finally gonna get married. I'm so gonna all my favourite dresses now. Get ready to be bankrupt." Sara screamed.

"Geez woman. Do you want your brother to turn deaf?" I rubbed my ears because of her shouting. She swatted away my arm.

Riva's pov

I was sitting in my room while everyone was busy in preparation. Veer's family is coming today along with pandit ji for fixing our marriage dates.

I haven't informed Samaira. She and mahir will come after two days from their one week honeymoon. I guess I will tell her then only. It's better to talk face to face then on phone. I am sure she will be shocked.

I still haven't told veer about the incident. I don't think I need to because we will take a divorce after a year then there is no need for him to know.

I laid on my bed to have some sleep. I  just want to have some rest for now. All this can wait.

I woke up by the loud knocks on my door. I got up from the bed and opened the door to see none other than my mom with her famous glare.

"Have you seen the time? It's 7 p.m. Riva. Veer's family is coming by 8 and you still haven't got ready. Go and freshen up till then I will take out your outfit." She said entering inside.

"Thanks mom." I said as I moved inside the bathroom to take a shower. After 20 mins I came out and saw the dress my mom put on the bed. It was a suit. Great I have to wear traditional dress for the devil.

I wore the dress and did my hair and make up. After that I took some photos of myself.

I heard noises from downstairs that means they are here now

I heard noises from downstairs that means they are here now. After sometime avi came to call me. I checked myself for one last time and then went downstairs.

Everyone was sitting and having a chat. Mihir papa and Ayesha maa was here too. After greeting Veer's family I sat beside him because that's the only seat which was vacant.

His mom started asking me some questions and all. Related to my work and the marriage.

I felt a shiver ran inside my body as Veer's fingers brushed against mine. I looked towards him and saw him talking to dad. He wasn't affected by it at all and whereas I was a blushing mess.

Soon Panditji came and checked our kundali and all. Everyone was waiting for him to speak.

"There's a good date after three weeks and then another one is after a year only." He said.

"I think we should finalise the closer one. What do you say kabir?" Ayaan uncle asked dad.

"Yeah I think it's a good. Because one year is a long time. I hope you two don't have any problems." Dad asked looking at me and veer. Veer was about to object when I held his hand.

"No dad. It's fine by us." I said smiling. Veer looked at me and gave me a hard glare.

"Then it's decided. The wedding will happen after three weeks and the engagement will take place on the coming weekend." Dad announced. Everyone started congratulating us. Mom brought some sweets and fed us.

After the Panditji left we all sat down to discuss some things.

"So what wedding do you want? Destination or here only." Sara asked us.

"I don't want a destination wedding. It's fine if we do from here only." Veer said.

"That's great actually. We have beautiful locations here also. I will hire the best wedding planners for my bhai and bhabhi's wedding." Sara said excitingly.

"Fine. Do as you want." Dad said to her.

"Also what's the wedding hashtag?" Avi asked us. I looked at him confusingly.

"I don't know." I said.

"It will be #VEERFOUNDRIVA." Sara said more like declared.

"Wow. That's super cute." Mom said.

"There are so many things to plan and we have so less time. Dresses, jewelry, food, location and all." Sunaina aunty said.

"Mom don't take tension. Everything will go well." Veer said calming her a little bit.

We all discussed few more things and then had dinner. After a while mom sent me and veer in garden to have talk.

"I hope you're happy now." Veer said.

"You're saying as if I marrying the man of my dreams." I said with sarcasm.

"Maybe you are." He said winking at me.

"Stop with this chichora behaviour. You know the reason behind it."

"Ofcourse I do. But it's fun teasing and irritating you. My favourite passtime actually." I glared at him.

"This doesn't work on my babygirl. Get ready to be Mrs. Riva Veer Agnihotri-Raichand." He said as he left.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

Please vote and comment guys it keeps me motivated 🥺❤️.

Next update-: Tuesday.

How are you all doing?

I hope you all liked it.