Chapter 01 | Her First Day

The flickering of red light hit her hazy vision. The cold metal floor under her body sent shivers down her spine. She tried to open her eyes but it felt too heavy. She tried to stand up but her knees weakened.

She shakily sighed out as she took every ounce in her to sat up, and rubbed her eyes. She glance around and saw bags and cans around, she's not sure why.

When she looked up, she was like in a deep hole being dragged up. Her breathes becoming ragged, as the metal box she was in came to a sudden halt.

She shake her head, not remembering anything rather than waking up in this close place. The sunlight hit her face when the steel doors opened and she tried to cover it with her arms.

Then a shadow of a figure came, and soon, a lot of them was circling her. She adjust to the light and she cowars away, hitting her back on the metal wall of the box when she saw several faces, looking at her in shock.

Someone jumped inside the box and she scrambled her legs closer, clenching her fist ready to attack when necessary.

She looked over at a boy with sandy blonde hair, and a cute face, though she won't admit it especially in times like these. She may can't remember anything, but that doesn't mean she'll let anyone take advantage of her.

The blonde boy looked at her in confusion then back at the other people up. Now that she noticed, they were all guys which means red flag.

"It's a girl.." the blonde boy informed, his voice dripping with bewilderment. And she noticed his British accent.

Murmurs filled her ears as the guys talked with such surprise and bafflement. They never received a girl before.

She tilted her head, dumb founded. When the blonde boy approached her slowly, she clench her fist harder.

"Hey there, don't worry we won't hurt you.." he said slowly, not wanting to frighten her.

She watched his every move as he walk over her. She moved away more until she was cornered.

"We just want to help you, no need to worry." he continued, but she stayed silent. She wants to ask something but she was cautious.

"You can't remember anything, can you?" he asks, and she nodded.

"Well, neither of us here also remember anything too. We just came from this box the same way you do. Don't worry, we won't hurt you." the blonde boy stated and another guy jumped inside the box. He was a dark skinned guy.

"You're one of us now, one of the greenies. Don't be afraid, we're not here to hurt you. I'm Alby." the dark skinned man said.

"Yes, and I'm Newt-"

Newt didn't get to finish his sentence when he made a mistake to think that it was alright stepping into her personal zone to reach for her shoulder and pat her, because a fist collided with his cheek.

And her ears filled with 'ohhh' and hiss from the other gladers, as they watch her punched Newt.

Rule number one, when a guy touches you out of nowhere, it's never a good sign.

But sometimes it didn't work like that. Well, that was her first impression when she came to the glade.

-SIX MONTHS LATER...

Cassandra laughed as she recalled her first day in the glade, and she told the golden tale to Newt, who she has punched back then.

"You should've seen your face when I punched you." the girl laughed, her arms leaned over the garden's vine yard, and Newt who was tying up the vines rolled his eyes.