Chapter 02 | New Greenie

Gally shoved the guy in the ground, and Cassandra winced as he scrambled around and look at each one of them in frantic. Newt stepped closer to her.

The guys were looking at him with observing gazes, the circle filled with murmurs, Frypan saying how this greenie could help him in the kitchen.

The greenie looks baffled, as he looks over at each and everyone of them. Then he made a run for it.

Everyone watch him go with amusement. It's not like he can go anywhere in the moment anyway.

"Ey, we got a runner!!"

Halfway to his run, his legs tripped over and he got shoved over the ground harshly. Everyone started laughing. And Cassandra stood there with an amuse grin on her face.

The greenie seems to realize there was no way out of this trapped huge walls.

Newt swung his arms around Cassandra's shoulders, as he continued to laugh.

"He's an idiot, Cassie. I know it" Newt exclaimed.

She crossed her arms, a twinkling amusement flashing through her eyes.

"He's trying.." she muttered back.

A few moment later, they had dragged the new greenie away before he could sprint for it. Since Cassandra has refilled the water bottles, she decided to hang around with Newt. Alby was going easy on her on labouring works, said she was much needed for brain strategies.

She saw Newt, leaning over his favourite tree, or maybe their favourite tree now. It was by the lake, and it was a quite place, where they'd clear their mind.

"Hey, Newt." she sat beside him, and he looked over at her, a smile involuntarily taking his features.

"Hey, Cass." he greeted back, "Done with your works?" he asked and she nodded.

"Work, actually." she corrected, "Alby's really against the idea of me being too stressed out for planning. I'm not, by the way!" she retaliated.

"If Alby's worried because you cant plan anymore, then I'm more worried about you stressing." he stated and she giggled, her face red from his confession.

"By the way, where did they take the new green bean?" Cassandra asked, hoping to save herself from embarrassment by changing the subject.

"They've put him on the pit in case he runs away again." he shrugged.

"If he ever so, then I would love to see him tripped and roll down the ground again." she nudges him playfully, that Newt quickly chuckled at.

"Do you ever think we'll get another girl?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"Doubt it." he answered, without missing a beat.

"Right." she sighed.

Newt stood up and dusted off himself before reaching out a hand to Cassandra. She smiled and took it, as he helped her up.

"Come on, let's go back. I still need to harvest those tomatoes." he said and they walked off, not aware they were still holding unto each others hands.

As they emerged through the forest, they saw Alby and the new greenie talking, so they decided to approach them.

"Hey, you alright Alby?" Newt greeted.

"Aha! green bean, meet Newt." Alby introduced, his eyes trailing over to their connected hands, and he raised an amused eyebrows.

When Newt and Cassandra picked up on that, they quickly let go of each other's hands, whilst looking away with a heated blush. Newt cleared his throat, looking anywhere but Alby's amused gaze and the new greenie's curious look.