Soulmates, they don't exist

Sunday 15th January

Jungkook POV:
I was walking to the coffee shop near my fathers company thinking about my boyfriend...taehyung he was so beautiful and I loved him so much. No, he wasn't my soulmate. And Yes, we lived in a world where soulmates are EVERYTHING but I didn't need a so called mate I had taehyung.

We both knew each other since we were kids. We had started dating since we were teenagers. The both of us had promised each other even if we did find our soulmates we would reject them and be with each other.

I walked into the coffee shop, the strong scent of coffee filling up my nostrils. I went up to the counter and bumped into someone because I wasn't looking. He was a slightly shorted male who looked around my age. He had cat like eyes, brown hair and a blank expression on his face once I bumped into him. I apologised bowing quickly and turned around to ordered my usual the caramel Frappuccino. After about five mins I got my order, I paid and left. 

I decided to take a slightly longer route back just so I could admire the city and take a breather before going back to such heavy work. Probably one of the worst decisions. I was stopped by a group of school students who had some sort of project to do and they wanted the public's thought on soulmates...great.

A girl approached me and said "hi oppa you look really handsome today". She then started touching my arm. The boy that was with her pulled her from me and said "I'm so sorry sir she's a bit out of control". She just shrugged at him as he spoke. "So sir what are your thoughts on soulmates?"

"Soulmates, they don't exist. That's the thing society makes you believe that there is this amazing person out there who will love you unconditionally and will make you the happiest person alive. That's all bullshit, you can find anyone to love and they will be the best thing to have ever happened to you IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE YOUR SOULMATE. Why should love be restricted? Love is universal right? So why am I bonded to ONE individual who may be life's biggest regret?"

The two students looked at me jaw dropped. I smirked and sipped on my drink as I walked off. I heard their conversation as I was leaving "this guy is different everyone else was praising the idea of soulmates and he blatantly rejected the WHOLE idea". Said the boy. The girl just said "he was HOT though". I then cringed at that.

I went back to my fathers company and as per usual my assistant came in telling me about all my meetings. I smiled at her and carried on. It was going to be a hectic day.

Time skip - 8pm

I walked out the firm and waited for my driver, I was on my phone aimlessly scrolling until I heard sobs. I looked around me and nothing. I then turned into an alleyway and saw a group of men beating up a very vulnerable looking kid. The closer I got the more a sweet smell of strawberries hit my nose. The mark on my wrist started aching too. Ignoring all of this I  moved towards them and a couple of hits later they were all on the floor. I went up to the kid lying on the floor and locked eyes with him. Fuck he's my soulmate but he looks so young how is that possible? But damn he's so beautiful with those plump lips and soft skin....wait what? I can't think of that I have Tae.

He was passed out so I picked him up and thankfully the driver had come. I put him in the car and we drove home. I started feeling an ache on my side and my ankle was hurting like a bitch. I even felt a bit dizzy. I thought about it for a second and remembered what we had been taught, if our mates were ever in pain we would feel it too only ONCE we had met them. I was feeling the pain I could only imagine what my mate was going through.

We arrived to my house and I slowly took him out the car and carried him to my room. The family doctor came and addressed his wounds and told me that he needs his rest. My mother walked in and smiled at me "finally Jungkook you found your soulmate, my son in law and he so beautiful I'm so happy for you". I just smiled at her. You see she didn't know about me and Tae it was kind of frowned upon staying with anyone besides your mate. My father walked in seconds later "I know Jungkook this may seem a little abrupt BUT now that you found your mate, I want you to get married as soon as possible because once you are married I can happily give my company to you and retire in peace."

I looked at the two of them shocked that this is what they wanted. I didn't want a stupid mate I had Tae and I was going to marry him no one else. Even if my mate was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. Even if he looked so innocent right now. Even if I wanted to kill the men that hurt my mate. That's when I realised I was giving in and acting up. I shook the thoughts from my head and left the room.

Whoever you are, I will not marry you and if I do I will make your life a living hell. I will stay with Tae and make you watch us be all lovey dovey together so it physically hurts you. Yes, mates can feel extreme pain when their significant other is with someone else. After making him feel that pain I will reject him. What's the worst that would happen anyways?

Authors POV:
Jungkook and Tae were very young and vulnerable when they made the decision on rejecting their mate if they met them. They didn't and possibly still don't know the consequences. They may have also not realised what would happen to their mates because of their so called "promise". Jungkook is against the whole idea of soulmates because he saw what happened to his sister and he swore to never trust a mate. However, Jungkook needed to learn that not everyone's circumstances are the same and not everyone is like his sisters soulmate.

Why should his mate suffer for something he wasn't even a part of?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First chapter done IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS STORY. I hope you like it. I kinda lied I didn't upload the other story because I'm having a huge crisis with writers block. Hence why I'm making new stories. I love the plot of this one. Will Jungkook be able to set aside his differences or will he make his poor mate suffer? Keep reading to find out 💜