There is a reason for our marks

Sunday 15th January

Jin's POV
I was at the cafe, today was a hectic day a lot of customers came in. Thank gosh for my amazing employees, especially my best friend Jimin who decided to come and help me since it was his day off. I had known Jimin since we were kids he is a year older than me. We loved each other like soulmates.

"Jin I'm so excited there's going to be a performance at the dance studio next week Wednesday and you have to come and watch your hyung dance okay?" I smiled at him "of course I wouldn't miss it for the world, didn't you also say the biggest dance instructor will be there too? I hope he notices you hyung, I mean who wouldn't?". He just smiled at me and crossed his fingers as a customer came so he could take his order.

Time skip - 5pm

We were finishing up at the cafe then me and Jimin decided to go out and get some food together. I locked up and we both went to a local restaurant to eat. We ordered a lot of food and we ate happily talking about random stuff. "Hyung do you think that I will meet my soulmate and they will love me?" Jimin hyung smiled at me then lifted my chin "of course jinnie who wouldn't love you? You're so beautiful and precious. Your soulmate would be stupid if they didn't fall for you." I smiled at his response even when I felt at my lowest Jimin hyung would always make me feel better. When I first met him I wished he was my mate but alas our marks were different and we didn't get that feeling you're supposed to get. "Hyung you're so amazing to me I hope whoever is your soulmate they treat you right". He smiled at me sadly, I knew something was wrong but I didn't question it.

Once we finished eating it was around 7pm but very light out since it was summer. I waved Jimin hyung goodbye and we went our separate ways home. I had my hands in my pocket and looked down wanting to avoid the chaos that was Seoul around me. That's when I bumped into someone, she was a petit girl and she was running. "I'm so sorry oppa I just I think I met my soulmate and I'm kind of overwhelmed so I ran I didn't mean to bump into you". I smiled reassuringly at her. "That's okay but you should go back to them. They probably felt offended that you left like that, what if it gives them the wrong impression? What if they think you don't want them?". Her smiled dropped. "I didn't think of it that way, say oppa what do you think of soulmates?". I thought for a second before I responded "soulmates are probably one of the best things that could happen to you. I mean I know I sound all old school and stuff but there's a reason why they exist. There is a reason for our marks these people are meant to give us hope and love us like no one had ever loved before. I haven't met my soulmate but I know they will be the best thing that has ever happened to me and I know it will be love at first sight CLICHE I know but that's how it works here".

She stared at me in awe "oppa I wish you the best of luck you're soulmate is so lucky they have you. Now I'll go back to my mate they're probably hurt I left. Bye oppa I hope we meet again". With a cute smile and tiny wave she left the way she came from. I stood there for a second and thought sometimes you meet such great people and they play such a tiny but impactful role in your life I mean this girl just helped me broaden my mind about mates. I carried on walking deciding it was finally time to go home. I checked my phone and somehow it was already 8 o'clock. It was about to get dark soon it's not good for omegas who haven't been marked by their mate to be around at such a time.

I started speed walking until I started craving ice cream I knew it was a bad idea to go and get some but I couldn't resist. So I turned back around to the ice cream shop. I bought strawberry ice cream and happily ate it. It was now 9pm and I knew I had to run. So I did, that's when I was tripped near an allay way. The person who tripped me pulled me in, I realised that there were three of them; two alphas and one beta. "Hey there pretty, what are you doing out here so late? Unmated and all? It's like your practically begging me to ruin you". He smirked as he leaned in closer to me. I could smell his foul breath it reeked of alcohol. "Keep your nasty mouth away from me you fucker". I had a bad habit of talking especially when it was the wrong time to. The guy's eyes reddened whilst the other two laughed. He motioned them to stop then signalled them to beat me up.

The two spared no mercy and kept hitting me. I had bruises everywhere and I was a hundred percent sure my ribs were broken. My wrist hurt and I think he fractured it. I coughed out blood and sobbed rather loudly as they carried on. Then the smell of citrus filled my nose. I only focused on that scent as it drew closer, my eyes began to blur but I felt safe with that scent. The zesty and fresh notes reminded me of summer, the summer when everything felt right. Some figure came closer to us and he knocked out all three of the men with a few hits. He then came closer to me and I faintly saw his eyes widen before I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I'm planning on using each chapter to describe the feelings of soulmates by each character. Then the story shall begin it will all interconnect so don't worry. I hope you like it. Stay healthy drink plenty and I purple you my lovelies 💜💜💜