Chapter 1

Setting: It's been five days since Raghav and Pallavi's wedding, they're at loggerheads, obviously. Nikhil has convinced Baba to let Pallavi keep working in the sari shop after he and Krishna and Keerthi tell Baba the whole truth about the shop (her working extra jobs cooking to make up the rent money, Jagdish anna blackmailing her, etc.) Baba is still mad at Pallavi, but now he regrets more than ever that he let Sharda and Jaya fix Raghav and Pallavi's wedding.

It's early in the morning, Pallavi opens her eyes, she's been sleeping on the far corner of the bed, avoiding Raghav as much as possible. Raghav refuses to let her sleep in a guest room to torture her, but she knows her sleeping here frustrates him more than it annoys her. She wakes up, and gets out of the bed slowly, making sure not to wake up her 'husband.' She cringes at the word, how can HE be her husband, what did she do to deserve this?

She runs to the bathroom to shower and change for the day, choosing a dark blue sari to wear. The same sari she was wearing the day she shoved that horrible trophy back in Raghav's hand. She tiptoes out of the room and decides to make herself breakfast. One of the workers has already started, however. "Pallavi madam, Akka. Aap yahan kya car race hain," he asks. "Mujhe naashta banana hai, acne ke liye. Please." The worker walks out of the kitchen silently, not letting her know that he's worried what Anna will say if he doesn't make Anna's protein shake and breakfast on time. Pallavi decides to make idli and sambaar, Amma had said she might drop by for breakfast the other day, and Pallavi wanted to show Amma that even if she hated Raghav, she was trying...trying at least a little to be a proper bahu. As she's finishing up the sambaar, her phone rings. Keerthi is on the phone. She says, "Akka, main air Amma ahi aa race hain, naashta ke liye, uske baad hum dono shop chase jayenge? Teek hai?" Pallavi, a little sad because she missed cooking for Milind Kaka and her old family, "yea sure, Keerthi, main darwaza khol thi hun, I just finished making breakfast."

Keerthi and Amma walk in the mansion, immediately Pallavi touches Amma's feet and asks for her blessings. Amma is delighted that such a beautiful, cultured, and intelligent woman is her daughter in law. Amma says, "Are, tune kyun naashta banahiye, mera beta tumhara kyaal nahin raktha kya?" Pallavi, smiling grimly, hides the fact that Raghav has done nothing but yell, taunt, and glare at her for the past four days, says, "It was my pleasure to make food for you Amma."

The three of them sit down at the table, and Pallavi serves all of them. Amma asks, "Raghav kahaan hai?" Pallavi looks down, "he's still sleeping." Keerthi, "I can wake him up, he loves idli and sambar!" Pallavi immediately says, "no!" Amma and Keerthi look surprised. Pallavi continues "I mean, he's probably tired right, and he only drinks protein shakes most of the time, so..." she trailed off. Amma, understanding that Pallavi didn't want to start her day with Raghav's horrible mood, curses her horrible son in her mind. "Pallavi is right Keerthi, if anyone wants to eat breakfast they have to get up at a reasonable time."

The three of them finish eating, and Pallavi goes back into the kitchen to clear the plates, even though the workers try to convince her she doesn't have to. Amma and Keerthi smile...Amma thinks to herself, "Kaash, Raghav bhi Pallavi jaise sudhar jaye..."

Raghav walks down the stairs, and is elated to see Amma and Keerthi in the dining room. "Amma, Keerthi, aap dono yahaan?" Amma asks, "Why, can't we visit?" rudely. Raghav, not wanting to spoil his mom's mood, "It's not that, if I knew you were coming I would have ordered your favorite food..." Raghav sees the idli, sambar, chutney, and coffee on the table. "Amma, why did you cook! I pay people to do that." He starts yelling at one of his workers standing in the corner of the dining room, but before the worker can say anything, Raghav says "koi baat nahi, it's been a long time since I've had my mother's cooking." He serves himself, and starts to eat. Keerthi's about to tell him the truth, but Amma stops her, she whispers to Keerthi "at least he's not drinking a protein shake, if you tell him Pallavi made the food, he'll spit it out. Iss par hum koi bars nahi oak sakthe hain, he'll only be healthy if we use crooked measures."