Chapter 27

Raghav was quiet for the drive back.

"Sab teek hain? That wasn't too bad right, except for Kaku..."

"Yes everything is fine."

Pallavi wondered, maybe Raghav was regretting acting in front of Kaku, I mean if he really meant to say that I was beautiful, his mood would be better now. What was going on with him? Was this really because of Kaku calling me a "keep," did it remind him of why we got married in the first place? How I forced his hand? She touched the bracelet, worrying more and more that last night might have just been a dream.

"Listen, Pallavi, I don't know if we, or if you should go back to that house anymore."

"Raghav, don't take Kaku's words to heart, she just doesn't like me, she's not going to cause any more problems for you..." Pallavi was thinking about Amruta's abortion incident...

Little did she know that after Raghav tracked down Anjali, he had Farhad track down the phone number of the person who took Keerthi's photos...and it was Kaku, not Pallavi. This was yet another accusation Raghav had put on Pallavi's head, destroying her trust in him. He cursed himself, how could he have known that he would need her trust this much one day?

"No, it's not Kaku, Teri Saanki Baap, mere matlab" Raghav almost cowered at Pallavi's glare, "Teri Baba, he doesn't like me, as you know, and he may have forgiven you, but he's trying to control you.

"When will men understand, that I don't need to have my hand held. I can't be controlled, nor do I need to be!"

"I know, I know."

"Raqhav, you don't know, since we met, all you've done is try to control my life, where I work, where I live, who I can and can't talk to. I'm sick of it. And I know Baba lost his trust in me. But sometimes our elders make mistakes too, and I have the right to give him a second chance, I'm not giving it to him just because he's older than I am."

"Pallavi—"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," Pallavi turned to the window of the car, fiddling with her bracelet, worrying that Raghav's words weren't coming from a position of care like she thought they were, but instead that all he wanted was to control her like everything in his life.