Chapter 46

Raghav took out a box, Pallavi was worried, she really hated heavy jewelry. Ever since Mandaar's death, and even before, she didn't like to get decked up for anything.

But what Raghav took out surprised Pallavi, and made her smile.

It was a South Indian temple jewelry set, a necklace, two jhumkas, and a maang tika. But despite being heavier than what she was used to, Pallavi could tell it was a very traditional set, with very few modern frills.

"It's beautiful, Raghav, ok I'll wear them, just make sure to sneak out carefully, Aai or Amma will be back here to check on me soon"

Raghav smiled at her and got up to lock the door, "shhh, Aaj main tera shringar karunga."

He pulled her off the bed and stood her in front of the mirror again.

Pallavi felt Raghav's breath heavy in her ear and a shiver ran down her whole body. He undid her diamond necklace, and placed the new one around her neck. As his fingers touched the back of her neck, her eyes closed. Raghav stepped even closer, and undid her left earring, and then the right one, kissing each side of Pallavi's face softly as he put on the new earrings.

He stood in front of her and placed the maang tika, and then kissed her forehead.

Pallavi could do nothing but look at him, deep into his eyes. After today both of them would be together forever. It sounded trite, but Pallavi could already imagine a whole future with Raghav. She could see them spending their lives building their businesses, having children, growing old together.

Raghav smiled back at her, and took out a set of temple jeweled bangles, again they were beautiful, but traditional and simple. He took his time placing each and every bangle on her wrists, imagining tonight when he might be allowed to take them off.

"Are you going to stop checking me out so I can put on your payals or no?" Raghav smiled.

Pallavi rolled her eyes as Raghav sat her down on the bed again. He kneeled on the ground and took out silver anklets from the bag, also traditional, but Pallavi noticed tiny little diamonds studded along them.

Raghav couldn't help but start to trace his finger up Pallavi's leg, getting halfway up her calf when a voice came from the other side of the door.

"Pallavi, are you ready yet, Farhad is here and he says Raghav will be here soon," Amma burst into the room.

Raghav was able to pull his hands back by the time Amma came in but Amma wasn't stupid. She took one look at Raghav kneeling on the ground and understood everything.

"Somehow, no matter how big my son gets, he remains as impatient as he was as a child."

Pallavi and Raghav both tried to make excuses but Amma strode over and twisted one of Raghav's ears, "I don't care if you're already married, woh court marriage tha, abh asli shaadi honi waali hai. Raghav, tum neeche jam, abh."

Amma looked at her daughter-in-law as Raghav was leaving, "at least you convinced her to wear some jewelry, she looks beautiful, kisi ka nazar na page tum par." Amma placed some kala tikka on Pallavi and then turned around to get Raghav to leave who was still staring at Pallavi as if in a daydream.