Chapter 4

What was wrong with him, Pallavi, this Saree ke Dukaan, just donated blood...for his mother, and still he was acting like a jerk.

He tried waking up Pallavi, shaking her shoulder, then carrying her and putting her on the sofa, it didn't work. He dialed Farhad, "Farhad, I need a doctor here now, ASAP." "Anna, why?" "Farhad, do I pay you to ask questions?"

Raghav carried Pallavi up the stairs, to their room...no his room. What was wrong with him? Setting her on her side of the bed. Her hair fell over her face, and he thought about what her hair might smell like today. Smiling, he pushed it out of her face. She moved a little, and he immediately stepped back

Farhad rushed in, with the doctor. "Oh no, Akka koh kya Hua?"

Raghav, ignoring Farhad spoke to the doctor, "Doctor, Pallavi donated blood today, and it looks like she didn't eat anything since..."

"Oh god, I'll get a glucose injection, and try to wake her up, did she hit her head when she fainted?"

"I don't know...I wasn't there," Raghav trailed off guiltily.

"Anna, what do you mean, you said you and Pallavi were both leaving the hospital because visiting hours were over?"

"I don't know Farhad, this Saree ke Dukaan wanted to go to her stupid shop first, and I didn't really care..." Raghav started angrily but then got quiet, the guilt washing over him in waves.

"Has she donated blood before, maybe this is a common reaction for her?" The doctor asked.

"I...I don't know," Raghav said, thinking...what if she had. She was Amma's blood type. "Farhad, go to the hospital, I don't care how many people you have to bribe, I want this Saree ke Dukaan's medical records now."

The doctor injected Pallavi with some glucagon and felt her head, "yes I think she fell hard when she fainted..."

Farhad looked worried, "Doctor, what do we need to do, do we need to go to the hospital—"

"No no, she'll be fine in a few hours, let's get her some ice from her head, and the glucose injection will take effect in about fifteen minutes or so. She'll wake up for a bit, and then she should drink and eat something, and then rest."

Raghav backed out of the room. "Anna where are you going?" Farhad yelled after him, as the doctor packed up and made his way out the room.

"Pallavi Akka, I know you have to deal with a lot, but after tonight I'll make sure Anna never bothers you again. I thought you would bring happiness into his life, but I don't think he can ever change his ways," Farhad left the room to get some juice and food.

He found Raghav downstairs, throwing things out of the fridge, yelling at workers that weren't there. "Anna, you need to let your anger go, Pallavi donated blood today, and I know it might have been for a stranger, but that doesn't make it any less of an amazing act...wait was it a stranger?"

"No. It was for Amma. She's her blood type, why are you still here, go get Pallavi's hospital records!" Raghav screamed.