Chapter 41

Pallavi did not feel like performing at all, since Raghav had walked away all she could do was look for him in the crowd.

Then the lights dimmed, and Nikhil came on stage to make an announcement, "For the first time in the Deshmukh family, we will have a sangeet with a Bharathanatyam performance, now I don't know if this next performance will be able to match Pallavi Didi's skills, but I hope everyone is excited for, MISTER RAGHAV RAO."

Pallavi looked at the stage in shock, she stood up, Keerthi and Mansi ran to her.

"I didn't think Bhai would ever perform, he only learned to please Amma, and since then he's only ever danced to honor Amma's hard work in teaching him." Keerthi said

"Pallu have you seen him dance, is he good?" Mansi asked.

"He's amazing," Pallavi said absentmindedly.

The song started slowly, it was a devotional song to Lord Shiva, a well known keerthanam that not many dancers can really master.

The singer sang of Shiva being the source of the Ganga, living in the heart of everyone despite representing absolute infinity, being unmatched and an eternal symbol of faith, love, and power.

Raghav moved gracefully across the stage, but every step, every hand gesture was full of power. Pallavi couldn't take her eyes off of him.

Then the song ended, the lights went dark for a few seconds, but everyone was too in awe to clap, and then the lights were back on, as another song started.

Raghav was back on stage, with a whole crew of background dancers. He had put on a dark red kurtha on top of his dhoti, and he had taken off his ghungroo.

Pallavi laughed and clapped as the next song began, the whole audience was cheering. In this song, which incidentally was Hindi, not Telugu, the singer sang of his carefree stance, his sword-like dancing, the fire from his words, how he was a lion in fox's skin, and who fights and works for the benefit of everyone.

As the song ended, Raghav caught Pallavi's eye and winked.

Bracelet or no bracelet, Pallavi had to prove to Raghav that he was marrying a dancer that was just as talented as him.