Chapter 9

"Anjali, you came, let's get that drink, I have something important to talk to you about," Raghav pulled her inside the house quickly.

"Raghav, baby, what's the rush, araam se baat karthe hain," Anjali whispered, tracing a finger down his chest.

Raghav laughed nervously, taking a step back from her and making his way to the bar, "Whiskey, neat, right?"

"Right, and you better not be giving me that cheap stuff, you did destroy my wedding after all..."

"You did that all on your own," Raghav muttered.

"Right, I wanted to talk to you about this," He showed her that CCTV picture of her talking to Pallavi.

Anjali shifted on the couch, "why talk about boring things from the past, I thought we could talk about our future." She downed the drink, and took the bottle to pour another dram.

Raghav dealt with her inane flirting for a few minutes, until he asked again, "I need to know, how did you and Pallavi poison my—I mean Mr. Ramaswamy's food. Was it Pallavi's idea?"

Anjali, pretty tipsy by now said, "Pallavi who? Oh the girl that made the food for your old age home? No it was my idea, I just...oops."

Raghav glared at her, "So it was you!?!"

"Baby, don't get angry, I just wanted revenge for what you did to my wedding, I was going to have such an expensive lehenga, and all this jewelry, and you ruined it."

"Tell me. what. you. did." Raghav said, the anger floating to the surface again.

Anjali, a little taken aback, but mostly drunk, told him the whole story.

Raghav took a step back in shock, and tripped over the barstool.

"Oh baby, are you ok? Here get up. Let's stop talking about this and have some fun," Anjali pulled him close to her.

"No, I need you to get out, get out. GET OUT."

"I can't do that, I came here to spend time with you, come on, you can't still be angry..." Anjali came closer to him, and then pushed him back onto the ping pong table, her hands in his hair.

Raghav tried to push her off, and get up, and as he was about to push her away, he heard something clatter to the floor.