Chapter 30

Raghav finished his early morning meetings at home over the phone, and was about to talk to Amma and Keerthi to convince them to go with him to talk to Asha aunty about Mansi and Rahul, when he noticed a lunchbox on the dining table. That was Pallavi's tiffin box. Why didn't she take it? Was this a test to see how good of a husband he could be? Is she seeing if he calls her to tell her, or does she expect him to bring it to the showroom? Get a grip on yourself, Raghav, you're acting insane. He decided to text Pallavi, something funny instead of serious, thinking about how she threw that pillow at him this morning.

He started typing..."Saree ke Dukaan"

No, he needed to try to be a new Raghav, she doesn't trust the old Raghav.

He deleted and started over, "Pallavi"

Or... "Pallu" his thoughts jumped to Rahul yelling "Pallu Baby" and spinning Pallavi around in his arms.

No.

A voice message was the best.

"Pallavi, tumne apni tiffin ghar mein bhool gayi, tho kya, main khaa saktha hun."

He immediately saw the three dots on the bottom of the messaging app. He did a little fist pump in the air, and then made sure Reddy or Farhad weren't there to see that.

Pallavi responded with a voice message: "Ha ha. Very funny, Baby, Shona, Jaanu Ghamandee Rao, are yaar, yeh nickname Rhoda lamb ho gaya. Anyway, tere liye main ne tiffin pack kar di, fridge ke undar. Woh kaa lo, mere tiffin fridge mein rakh do, aah mein bahut busy hun, mein ghar make kha loongi."

Raghav laughed at the message, and then listened to it maybe four more times as he went to the fridge to take out his tiffin, and thought how many other husbands received nicknames from their wives that was longer than their own name. Then as he looked at his tiffin and Pallavi's on the dining table. He decided to be spontaneous. Asha aunty could wait until later. He got in his car and booked it to the mall, he would surprise Pallavi with lunch.