11. Start Over

SPECIAL SCENE

The sun is hitting my face. It’s not hot, just a little warm. It is early morning and the sky is beautiful. Standing in front of the lake that cuts this place from the outside, I observe every detail around me. Amazing how beautiful nature can be.

“A kiss for your thoughts.”

Her sudden whisper in my ear makes me shiver from head to toe. The arms, protective as always, hug my waist. She sticks her body against mine, and I curl up on her chest, laying my head on her shoulder.

We are the true perfect fit.

“Don’t you think nature is wonderful?”

Lisa chuckles. I close my eyes to enjoy that wonderful sound resonating near my ear. It is the most beautiful music in the world.

“I thought it was the crazy person who catches to the sun.”

“Have you heard that saying: you are what you eat? So…”

“Uh…” She pulls my hair back, leaving my neck exposed. A wet kiss is deposited in the region. I shudder in her arms.

“She’s getting smarter.”

“I learned everything from you.”

I turn in her arms, wrapping mine around her neck. She grabs my waist, pulling me up. Her kisses are always wonderful.

And even after all these years, I still run out of ground when she kisses me.

“Let’s go up? I miss our place.”

I nod. We move away and she interlaces our fingers. I walk ahead a bit; in the distance you can see our tree house amid the leaves that surround them. I love being here, and I missed it so much. The bad thing about growing up is that the more the years go by, the less time you have to do your favorite things.

“Looks like we haven’t been here for years but it has only been a few months … Lisa!”

“Pardon me!”

I release her hand and turn to her, with my eyes full of hate. She has her hands raised and a false expression of guilt. I’m mortified that she just slapped me on the ass for no reason.

“I’ll kill you.”

“Sorry love. But these shorts look very beautiful on you.”

“Run. I will give you just a few seconds.” Lisa’s eyes widen when she hears my tone. It doesn’t take long for her to run away from me towards our place. “You better be quick.”

“Forgive me, Rosie!”

She asks, but I shake my head, even though she can’t see it. I run after her. I know I’m obviously not going to reach her, but I can take her and teach her a lesson once we get to the tree house. Lisa climbs up nimbly, and I calmly go after her. Sporting an evil smile on my lips.

“Got you."

I speak as soon as I reach the top of the house. Lisa is facing me, grinning. I approach slowly, cautiously. When I get closer, everything happens very quickly. I just remember that she moved with impressive agility and in seconds we were both on the mattress positioned in the center of the house.

“No. I got you.”

She whispers to me. With her thighs beside my hips, and her torso pressing mine down, I can only raise my hands and hold her by the hair. I pull her against me and take her lips with mine, kissing her passionately.

“You are an idiot.”

Mumble trying to sound annoyed, but her lips drop to my neck to completely disarm me. Lisa smiles over my skin, continuing the kisses.