37. Double Pregnancy?

Roseanne Park-Manoban's POV.

My heart felt like it was about to explode or tear my chest and run away. Disbelieved and happy, that’s how I would describe myself as I’m staring at my wife, still absorbing her words. I finally make a decent move, quickly rising from the couch to head towards her, and my move seems to trigger some protective instinct within her.

"Watch out, love. You don't have to get up that fast."

Remember when I said she’s being overly concerned about me?

"I’m not pregnant yet, Lisa. My God… Can you tell me better what exactly are you talking about? Like? How? Where? When?"

I’m firing questions without even breathing, still too stunned to think straight. My reaction couldn’t be different, my euphoria is totally understandable because I feel in a surreal way. Her expression softens, going from worried to serene, with that beautiful smile gracing the face I’m so in love with, lighting it up in a surreal way.

"I’ve been accepting the fact that I want to try to get pregnant again for a few days. I wanted to tell you, I left some things for you to find and come talk to me, but I don’t think it worked."

She places a hand on the back of her neck, stroking it in a way that makes her shyness clear. My mind quickly starts putting the pieces together, those researches of hers that I thought were private, among other things, were her attempts to get my attention. How could I be so slow?

“I… Dammit."

“Sister-in-law, you are very smart and my sister is very slow." Only then do I remember Chaeyoung’s presence and look in her direction, watching her walk around the sofa to pick up her bag from the coffee table and place it on her shoulder. "I’ll leave you two alone, I think you need to talk a lot. You are very capable, never forget that."

She holds my wife’s face in her hands and they smile at each other before my sister leans forward kissing Lisa’s forehead. Chaeyoung waves at me and then walks towards the front door, leaving the two of us alone. She understanding that this time was extremely important to the woman I love and me, this is a conversation we need to have in complete privacy.

“You…"

“I need you to understand that I still want to see you pregnant, but I needed to tell that I’m also ready to try again. What do you think? I don’t want to pressure you…" She barely finishes speaking and my body collides with hers, in a tight hug. Lisa lets out a hearty laugh, squeezing me in her arms, even though she looks confused by my reaction. "Is that a yes or…?"

My answer is a kiss, trying to make it clear to her with every movement of my mouth on hers, however desperately, that I’m with her, willing to do anything as long as we stay together. Lisa holds me tightly, the way she knows I like it. Her hands caress my curves as our tongues seem to dance in a well-known dance that is ours alone, a moment that nothing can change.

Kissing someone you love feels like fresh fruit. You know that sweet citrus that makes our stomachs freeze with happiness? It’s like losing your breath without noticing and at the same time filling your lungs, feeling on the tip of your tongue a unique taste that your palate would recognize among thousands. It feels like you’re flying over a field of flowers that caress every pore on your body, tingling your skin and making you feel light.

“You don’t know how much I waited to hear you say you’re ready."

“I don’t know if it will work, but I really want to try again."

The sparkle in her eyes assures me of her excitement and anxiety about this step. I can’t describe exactly how I’m feeling, it’s such a good thing in here, you know? I am very happy to get pregnant again, but seeing her pregnant will be the most perfect of my life.