26. Merry Christmas

Roseanne’s POV

December 24 – 2029

The day dawned beautifully, but not because of the weather. It is snowing a little and quite cold, there were other reasons why it was seems that way. Everyone seems excited, they made a group in the messaging app and are early on agreeing how our supper will be. Literally everyone will be present, even my parents and Lisa’s will come.

Christmas is always a time to spend with your family, no matter if it is your relatives or friends who welcome you.

“Honey, did you manage to find the rest of the ornaments?” Lisa suddenly enters our room, I keep looking through our bedroom window and just look over my shoulder. I smile in her direction, calling to her with my hands. “What are you doing? I thought you wanted to finish packing up soon.”

She jokes and laughs; I close my eyes to enjoy the sound. It’s been wonderful to see her get better and better each day. We have been talking every day; this seems to be helping a lot in her recovery. Lisa confided that she really missed talking to me and I’m working hard to make her as comfortable as possible. And it has worked; the gleam in her eyes just confirms it.

“Your eyes are beautiful this morning.”

Enchanted comment, the usual dark brown gave way to a very clear and crystalline brown. Lisa frowns at me, making her cheeks even more evident.

“I thought they were beautiful every day.”

“And they are, arrogant idiot.” I roll my eyes and try to get away from her, but Lisa stops me, holding my waist tightly. She looks at me and I know she is going to kiss me, but I do nothing to stop her. “Still being an idiot.”

“I’ll need to kiss you more then.”

She mumbles before sticking our mouths again. I sigh, melting into her arms. Lisa sinks her fingers into my lower back as she sucks my tongue into her mouth, moving my lips slowly. I am addicted to those slow and intense kisses, it seems that I feel everything she feels.

“You can give as many kisses as you want.”

I mumble, lost and totally surrendered in her arms. She smiles and kisses me again, with the same intensity, only a little less slowly.

“It seems that our favorite couple decided to enjoy Christmas Eve in an unholy way.”

“Can we record this and put it on some erotic kissing website?”

“I think we should create one exclusively for them.”

“I totally agree.”

Suddenly four different voices are heard. My first reaction is to sink my face into Lisa’s neck, which quickly envelops me in a protective hug, even though I’m laughing. I turn away from hearing their laughter, and I was about to let out some cursing, but my chin almost dropped when I saw, not only Jennie, Somi and Chaeyoung, but my younger sister as well.

“Alice!” I exclaim quickly, moving away from Lisa to get to her. My sister, who still kept her image small and childish, smiles widely to welcome me into a hug. Our bodies collide and I quickly close my eyes, enjoying the warmth that her embrace has. “My God, how great you look.”

“Big, beautiful, and very tasty.” She brags and shakes her long hair; it is so long it must be hitting her waist. Without letting go, I analyze it as much as can. Alice was much taller than Chaeyoung and me, she inherited our father’s height, and her features are stronger than ours as well. “I missed you.”

“I… Wow, I’m speechless. You have become a real woman.”

We finally moved away and I can finally finish analyzing her. My family's blood is indeed miraculous. Her body is simply flawless, not to mention her complete beauty. A real woman. I don’t know if I can get used to seeing her like this instead of the usual when I was just an innocent little girl.