Chapter 33

I gave a quick hug to Chat Noir and Ladybug after we defeated the Magician of Misfortune, who by the way wanted to destroy the eiffel tower and turn it into a puff of smoke.. I know, French people are weird.. I gave the press a quick wave while Ladybug and Chat Noir was caught in front of their lenses.. it's been 2 weeks since they managed to patch things up and I couldn't be happier.. though they only told me how they both managed to take out some emotional baggage off each other, they never told me the real cause and root of everything that's happened, however, I am glad that the three of us were back into the rhythm.. I jumped off.. quickly navigating through rooftops and detransforming behind the bus station closest to school..

"I Can't be late.. I can't  be late.. I can't be late" I repeated again and again as though some sort of Mantra, I saw Mrs. Mendeliev ahead of me and quickly hastened my steps, mentally cheering as I passed ..

"Ms. _(L/N) no running in the halls!" She shouted and I gasped out a yes as I pushed the door open almost finding myself face first on the floor had I not steadied myself on the Teacher's desk.. I panted

"I made it.." I gasped to myself as I trudged to my shared desk with Alix who snickered to herself..

"Goodmorning Class.. today we will be talking about combustion.. which is a high temperature exothermal redox.. chemical reaction-.." Mrs. Mendeliev started her lecture as soon as she entered and I quickly pulled out my tablet and notebook, glancing over to Adrien's seat only to find it empty.. it would be good to give him notes later.. how xome he's always late these days?.. I can't even pick him up now because of hero duties being a little too intense..

".. how do you manage to be late but on the same note.. still manage to arrive on time?" I shrugged at Alix

"Oh Kubdel.. it's Just me being Fashionably late.." I teased before taking out my tumbler where the Medicinal Tea Master Fu gave me was stored at.. it was a temporary solution until we find the Book, and after drinking it a few times.. you get used to the bitterness, I quickly drank some before quickly stowing it away as to not get caught..

"Were you always this Gutsy?" Alix teased as she leaned her chin against her palm and I rolled my eyes.. rule number two in the chemistry lab.. no drinking and eating, but you gotta do what you gotta do..

"I-" the door to the classroom opened and tumbling in came Marinette..

"Wahh!" She screeched falling face first on the floor making me flinch..

"Is she okay?" I questioned worriedly trying to peek at her

"She's been your classmate for half a year.. you should be used to it now" she stated nonchalantly and I glared at her jokingly.

"Nothing wrong with being a little concerned.." I grumbled pouting

"Ahh.. Marinette, what excuse do you have for us this time? Accidentally locked yourself in the bathroom again?" Mrs. Mendeliev stated sarcastically.. I furrowed my brows as the class snickered, I furrowed my brows.. it's not that unbelievable. Some locks in the school bathroom are very stiff.. but instead of defending.. I settled with elbowing Alix who grumbled in response

"-I had to take my dog to.. uhh, the vet! Because it.. ate an entire wool sweater.." she reasoned obviously lying  but I found it funny enough to snicker to which Kubdel decided to elbow me back.. just then the scent of roses filled the room..

"Thank you Rose.. but I don't think our room needs extra refreshing.." Mrs. Mendeliev called Rose out, Marinette really dodged a bullet here..

"I thought somebody brought a Tuna fish sandwhich but it turns out it was only Rose' perfume.." Chloe stated obnoxiously and I quickly turned to my side taking out my phone and texting her that it wasn't a nice thing for her to say.. she turned to face me as soon as she checked my message and blew a kiss in my direction.. I shook my head chuckling at both her and Alix' reaction.. Mrs. Mendeliev confiscated both Rose' perfume and her smart phone before sending her off to the Principal's office..

"How many has it been now?" I questioned Alix, reffering to the number of students Mrs. Mendeliev sent to Mr. Damocles

"Rose is the 7th one this week.. and it's only Tuesday.. oh and that's not counting the ones from other classes.." Rose looked like she wanted to cry as she made her way out of the room.. poor thing..

"Where even is Adrien?" Nino questioned as he looked around trying to spot our Blond Friend.. I chuckled

"He probably overslept because of his schedule.." I responded flipping my phone out to give him a call.. I looked up feeling someone approching, and I grinned "there he is.." I grinned waving at Adrien as he rushed towards Nino and I, he skidded into a halt, using me as some sort of stopper, his hands rested on my shoulders as he panted.. I chuckled "why are you even in such a hurry when you've already missed Chemistry?" I teased taking out my water bottle for him..

"Yeah dude, this is like.. your 6th time this month.." Nino mumbled, flicking Adrien's hand off my shoulder and gave him a teasing grin..

"The.. car got a flat tire about 5 blocks away.. had to run.." he reasoned in between gulps of water and panting, I furrowed my brows..

"You should just tell uncle to get a new car or I can just ask Brutus to pick you up every morning.." I offered.. he perked up..

"Really?" I chuckled, slapping his arm playfully

"don't sound so excited.. You'll be waking up 30 minutes earlier after all" I joked..

"Yeah dude, don't sound so excited" Nino joined in at teasing Adrien who grinned at Nino, shaking his head..

"Oh.. here.. are notes for Chemistry, I made sure to highlight keywords and stuff that'll be included in the quizes and exam.. but if you need help studying.. call me" I reminded as I handed him my notes Nino has this.. Grim look on his face "my handwriting isn't that bad Nino.." I insisted, knowing fully well, what was going on inside his head..

"Still baffles me how you can understand her handwriting.." I shook my head at Nino who chuckled in response..

"Well, she had to tutor me about her own writing after all.." Adrien replied Jokingly and I gave him a light glare.. punching his arm jokingly

"If you both have had enough teasing me, I'll be going, I'm expected to be in the toy drive facilitated by Prince Ali.." I grumbled not really wanting to go, but can't help but want to see and help the children..

"Yeah sure.. bye Dudette.. Adrien and I gotta talk about.. plans, yeah plans" Nino readily waved me goodbye, he seemed to really want me away for them to be able to talk about.. plans.. I shook my Head

"I'm going already Nino.. Chill" I teased, giving both a quick fist bump before crossing the street where something light fell on top of my head, I raised a brow.. brushing it off and shrugged, maybe.. it was just some twig.. Anyway, some macaroons sounds good.. maybe I'll get some before heading off to The Hotel..