Chapter 37

Class was tiring to say the least. I mean I get that its Valentine's day today but did the teachers really have to plan out the entire school day to be filled with love and Hearts? we graphed at least 3 hearts in a surprise quiz. Which is fine.. but aren't they playing in too deep into the "Paris is the City of Love" trope too much?

"Well don't you seem excited.." Alix stated mischievously, to which I rolled my eyes in response as I continued to stuff my things into my bagpack..

"Hard to be when you only got 2 hours of sleep.. but hey, what's new?" I uttered sarcastically, feeling a little too grouchy, I mean I get that I had to retake the photos that was lost because of a malfunction, but.. for the the staff to wait for the last minute before admitting they lost the data.. was frustrating..

"Well, erm.. too bad?" I chuckled at her effort. I realized late that it was a big mistake as she threw a mischivous look at me.. ".. heard you got a date today.." I halted as I eyed her growing grin.. I already know where this is going.. I massaged my temples as I felt a headache rolling in..

"And where did you hear that?" I questioned zipping up my bag

"A little birdie called Nino.. who else? Is it with Adrien?" I rolled my eyes at her attempt of being discreet at mentioning the Blond boy's name as he was also still in the room

"Yes.. and it's a friendly date.." I stated as I walked out of the room noticing how Marinette and Alya hid under the desk as they eyed Adrien who frowned as he gazed down on the paper that almost got him into trouble during class..

"Or it could be more.. and you're just in denial.."

"This again.." I grumbled, opening my locker to place in my books only to find a large pile of envelopes cascading towards the floor, which ended up reaching up to my calves, and that's not all of them as some managed to cling on my locker.. I heard various sounds of amazement but seriously.. how many trees were cut down for these letters? I took a deep breath, smiling fondly as I realized how many people went out of their way to put effort into greeting me on Valentine's day. I took a swig of Master Fu's medicinal tea as I felt a headache rolling in, it's become a habit now to drink the bitter tea, everytime I feel something unpleasant about to happen.. I knelt down, the world feeling a little wobbly, I massaged my temples before starting to pick up the letters gently, trying my hardest not to wrinkle any of them

"Look.. I'm not doing this because I want to.." Alix stated as she knelt down beside me to help tidy the letters into my bagpack.. she probably lost another bet and was dared into this..

"It's fine.. Just.. tired" I mumbled giving her a meek smile as we trudged out of the locker room, I could already smell my freedom when a Boy from another class stepped in front of me.. a red rose in hand and a bashful smile on his lips..

"Ha-ppy Valentine's day _(Y/N).." he stated bashfully and I gave him a small smile, accepting the rose as he handed it to me..

"Thank you.." I stated giving the red rose a sniff.. that seemed to have prompted all the others who had prepared a gift for me that it was fine to approach as I was then flooded by chocolates, snacks, flowers and even more envelopes.. I felt my lips quiver.. how am I supposed to even carry all this into the car.. I continued to smile as they continued to pile gifts in my arms until I had to ask Alix for help.. some of the people giving me stuff.. didn't even seem like they go to this school.. "thank you..really.." I stated managing to give them a tired smile, they perked up before rushing off.. I sighed as I saw another wave about to approach when a loud screech caused them to halt..

"Never thought I'd be glad to see Chloe.." Alix grumbled as Chloe approached, a haughty smirk on her face as she carried a poster

"Bestieee! You just have to sign this petition to help.. erm hamsters.. yes hamsters, why don't I help you carry those to the car so you can sign the petition?.." I gave her a smile nodding as she glared at the others who came to hand me more gifts.. I smiled at them apologetically as I let Chloe escort me out of the gate and into my waiting car.. Brutus grinned as he saw the tall pile in my arms.. and my robust bagpack..

"So which bank did you loot?" He questioned jokingly as he opened the car door for me..

"Har har Brutus" I grumbled sarcastically before turning to look for Alix who exited the gates with.. a noticably higher pile in her arms than the last time I saw her..

"Your fans.. sure are dedicated.. didn't let me pass until I got every single one of their gifts.." she sounded amazed rather than irritated as she eyed the pile in her arms..

"Sorry.. they're very passionate you see.. and thank you Alix, I appreciate it.." I stated helping her with the pile..

"Hello? Can I get that auto- I mean.. signature for the hamsters?" Chloe whined as she opened the poster partially showing the photo of me from the rushed photoshoot yesterday.. I see they managed..

"Okay.. I'm gonna go.. but that thing okay? Tell Rose about it or she'll never give me back my roller blades" Alix bid her farewell as she backed away from Chloe and I, giving me a squinted look as I shook my head chuckling.. I waved goodbye to Alix before sighing as I took Chloe's marker and signed the 'petition'. she looked so proud of herself thereafter.

"Any plans for today Bestie?" She questioned, as she clung onto me..

"A nap most probably.. see you tomorrow Chloe.." I mumbled, tapping her arm that was around mine.. she whined.. and I responded with a tired small as I slid into the car.. letting my head rest against the window..