Chapter 38

I awoke feeling light scratches on my scalp, the perpetrator played with my hair as he sat on the floor beside me.. his eyes were closed, relaxed. I looked up and found out that I had been napping for the past 30 minutes.. was I feeling refreshed? Not quite.. but I do feel better than I did when I first arrived home..

"Boop.." I joked touching Adrien's nose who in turn opened his eyes revealing bright green eyes staring back at me..

"Hey.." he greeted and I grinned..

"What are you doing on the floor? Come up here" I invited, scooting farther into the couch to make room for him, he obliged, I was quick to pull on his arm, placing it under my head, using it as a pillow. He chuckled, slinging the other over my waist.. "what time do we leave for the movie?" I questioned as I relaxed against him

"Oh about that.. we can watch something else.. you seem tired.." he stated as he took out a USB drive, a gentle smile on his lips.. and I sighed internally, this boy is too kind for his own good..

"But I wanted to go out.." I pouted and he chuckled.. half true, I know I'd rather lay here and do nothing all day, but it's been a while since our last Friendly date together.. not to mention.. I was bored all week going to mostly photoshoots, school, my extracurriculars and.. hero stuff, I couldn't even hang out with Alya and Marinette when they asked me to last weekend.

"We can, but later.. because you..-" he poked my nose, chuckling as I wrinkled my nose.. "-need to rest" he pulled me against him and I sighed, letting myself relax in his embrace

"You know I had it worse during last year's fashion week.." I complained, remembering how I had to take over some models who were fished by other designers, or couldn't make it due to circumstances.. he hummed in response.. his hand rubbing my back and I sighed, as I unknowingly relaxed.. feeling myself fall prey to sleep. I heard my phone's notification go off but ignored it, feeling comfortable and warm in Adrien's arms..

         I groaned turning away to face the backrest of the couch.. oddly enough, the couch felt larger.. and colder.. I grumbled at Aira who started poking on my cheek..

"_(Y/N) we have an emergency.." she called, and I sighed swatting at her..

"Hush Aira.. not- now?!" my eyes widened.. sitting up as I stared at the Kwami.. I panicked looking around the room as I Gestured her to hide.. "Aira Hide! Adrien-"

"-Isn't here right now.. you have to hurry up.. Paris is under attack.." I paused.. shaking my head.. no way..

"On Valentine's day? That's-"

"Entirely possible, not everyone gets a yes _(Y/N).. look" She stated turning the Television on.. who in the world.. I gawked..

".. that's- a Villainized Cupid.. on Valentine's day.." I chuckled rubbing my eyes to get rid of sleep, how ironi-.. I pursed my lips as Aira glared.. "I mean.. umm that's horrible?" I questioned trying to appease the Kwami who only crossed her arms as she continued to glare.. I sighed in defeat.. "Alright alright.. Aira! Let's fly!"

       I pushed my balcony door open ready to jump.. I paused, turning around to look up to the wall where my bow and Arrows were displayed.. I trudged back inside taking my arrows and stuffing them into my quiver, I then quickly buckled the quiver to my back, using my cape to cover it.. these may come in handy.. it's just that.. they may end up hurting people.. but hey.. that's what Ladybug is for.. I jumped off twisting my bow and it retracted into a staff, I clicked the small button at the center trying to contact Chat Noir or even Ladybug.. None answered and so I rushed to the district where the most couples would be gathered.. halting as I noticed the Villain targeting civilians. I took out an arrow from my back and shot, intercepting the Villain's arrow. He turned to glare at me.. and I grinned in response infuriating him..

"The bow and arrow is kinda my thing.. you.. might wanna be a bit more original.. then again I'm saying this to a Villain imitating cupid.. but hey.. at least you're not in diapers.." I joked gesturing at him as I lept forward taking out an arrow and shooting to which he was quick to dodge "uh-uh you're not getting away.." I called as I picked up my arrow and rushed to follow him, shooting arrows trying to deter his movements though ultimately failing because he was flying and could easily dodge. I picked up the arrows that were lodged on the roofs and the chimneys, and stopped, taking out an arrow of Purification as I noticed Marinette and Alya.. I shot at their general direction purifying everyone within range.. Marinette and I made eye contact for a bit and I waved, remembering how I accidentally followed her thinking she was Ladybug during the Princess Fragrance incident, I halted as the Villain stopped, eyeing someone, I leaned my back against the Chimney, quickly taking out my arrows, I placed my arrows of purification in the quiver on my back, and my arrows in the quiver on my thigh.. it was cumbersome having to reach behind me to grab my current main weapon.. I looked down to find Chloe, my portrait along with Adrien's.. both of which were in large golden frames..

"- I never said 18 Carat gold! these gold tones would never match my 24 Carat Toilet.. idiots!" she screeched and I raised a brow.. was she planning on hanging those portraits in her Bathroom?! That.. weirdo.. I massaged my temples as I chuckled in disbelief.. I am going to have to have a talk with Chloe about this later.. I took a peek at the Villain only to see him ready to shoot, I fumbled a bit before actually being able to load an arrow into my bow accidentally hitting his armored hand instead of his bow, I felt my heart skip a beat at the thought of actually hurting someone.. okay idea.. ask mom for harmless arrows.. or maybe just DIY them to prevent identity leaks.. yeah.. the incident redirected his shot, and he growled whipping his head in my direction, I stiffened and waved

"You again V!" He growled and I grinned

"Ding ding ding! Correct! Now, tell me.. what does the Low Budget cupid want for Valentine's day?" I teased as I jumped in front of him..

"For you to get out of my way! And I am Dark Cupid! I won't stop until everyone's heart is crushed!" I chuckled, dodging an arrow he launched in my direction. Upon landing, I was quick to pull out an arrow and Shot in his direction he dodged and returned the favor.. I dodged by jumping midair, quickly exchanging my arrow for an arrow of Purification and shooting in his direction, I landed on a lopsided roof, my lower angle definitely putting me in a tough position.. could the akuma be in his bow? I took out an arrow, and shot, cutting his bowstring, I perked up..

"It's over Dark Cupid!" He growled, grasping the strings of his bow.. and actually pulled a new string out of the bow, fixing it with a chuckle.. I stiffened as he released a barage of arrows, I cartwheeled out of the way, realizing late that I was in fact on a roof and had a high chance of slipping.. and i did, falling off ungracefully and shrieked as I grasped a flag that hung from the side of the roof.. I sighed in relief, actually enjoying hanging upside down while waiting for Dark Cupid to leave until.. "oh no.." I quickly tried to grasp the arrows of purification but failed as they fell out of the quiver on my back and into the river, a series of explosions caused the waters to glow in a bright golden color.. my brows twitched as I eyed the sloshing waters.. the world has got to be kidding me..!