Chapter 39

I wanted to bawl my eyes out.. smack myself upside the head or just pull my hair out.. I.. should've righted myself before grasping the flag.. I could've been able to keep my arrows.. but no.. I just had to dangle upside down and drop them.. I am.. frustrated to put it lightly.. I was so angry that I felt tears prickle my eyes..

"Little Bird?! What.." Chat's voice questioned.. I would have said I was fine had it not been for the tears that were cascading down my forehead.. I sniffed, letting Chat Noir collect me in his arms as I held onto his shoulder, letting him place me upright.. "what happened? That scoundrel.. I thought he makes people hate people.. what did he-"

"-my arrows fell into the river" I mumbled as I wiped my tears.. I felt stupid as he chuckled and I was quick to smack him in response..

"Was that the.." he trailed off, and I immediately knew that he meant the consecutive golden colored explosions, my face grew taut, feeling the need to cry again.. he panicked and I quickly wiped my eyes dry "Don't cry.. uhh, I know! let's change the topic umm.. what do you wanna talk about?" He questioned and I shook my head

"We have to beat Dark Cupid and fast.." I grumbled wanting to live past the shame of me dropping main source of power one that could very well turn tides.. he tugged me back into him..

"You won't be able to shoot properly with tears in your eyes.. come here.." he called.. his thumb wiping the stray tears that trickled down.. ".. Ladybug will get the situation under control somehow, you know how she is.. and on a good note.. the river water must be purified enough to have a drink from it" he joked and I could only stare at him plainly..

"I'll take you up on that offer of changing the topic Noir.." he raised a brow at me.. "What's your current status? Have you confessed yet?" I questioned, trying to get my breathing under control as I leaned my forehead on his shoulder hearing the distant sound of wings flapping..

"I couldn't get the timing right.. but I'll tell you about it, how much I- I- Watch out!" He called.. his arms wrapped themselves around me as he twisted his body.. my eyes widened as I saw an arrow stuck on his back until it dissolved, Dark Cupid laughing menacingly as he drew another Arrow out about to shoot had it not been for Ladybug distracting him.. what's with her arriving in such convenient times? We made eye contact for a second and her eyes steeled before rushing to catch up with Dark Cupid..

"Chat! Are you okay?" I questioned..  noticing how he seemed so confused.. and he shook his head, his lips darkening as he gripped on my shoulders, my brows furrowed raising my hands wiping at his lips "What's going-" his hand quickly gripped my wrist and I flinched.. his lips slowly fading back to their usual peachy color, his grip relaxed "you know.. I could've taken that arrow and it.. wouldn't have-" I stiffened as his arms wrapped around me.. slowly growing tighter.. and tighter.. and Tighter "Chat.. Noir?" I coughed as his hug took my breath away and not in a good way.. I mustered all my strength stomping on his foot before jumping away at the first chance I got.. I panted, using my bow to hold onto as I used a telecom line as a Zipline before bareeling down the entrance of the hotel panting..

"V!" Chloe screeched as she saw me.. "About time! And where the hell is Ladybug.." geez Chloe thanks for making it clear just who your favorite hero is..

"She's close.. just.. give me a second.." I stated as I took control of my breathing

"Chloe! You have to run.. your friend Kim has turned ibto dark Cupid an-"

"Wait.. that was Kim?" I questioned and Ladybug turned to face me with widened eyes..

"V?!" Her eyes steeled once more as she pouted, ignoring me and turning back to Chloe.. what's with her? "I don't know what he'll do once he finds you here.." she continued.. not bothering to acknowledge my presence anymore..