Carpe Diem (Part II)

It had been such a long time since Yura and Hanbin had gone for a ride. Hanbin was wearing a brown sweater, faded jeans, converse and the best part, shades, Hanbin looked almost ordinary. On the other hand, Yura too had dressed up in clothes, in which hardly anyone seemed to recognize her.

Yura was surprised when Hanbin stopped in front of KFC.  It had been years since she hadlast eaten in KFC.

"Hanbin-ah..... "

"Yeah? "

"Are you sure no one will recognize us? "

"Yeah" he said, sounding confident.

The crowd inside consisted of youngsters - mostly teenagers who were out for lunch.....and everyone seemed to be busy with their own life.

"Well what would you like to eat, Sir? " a girl waiting on the counter asked Hanbin with a tone that sounded way too polite.

Yura felt like glaring at the girl. She didn't notice Hanbin look at her changing expressions and smile.

He simply kept his left hand on the counter, letting the girl have a nice look of his wedding ring and said, "I'll have whatever my wife will order.."

Seeing the disappointed look on the girl's face,  Yura gave a smiled at Hanbin's direction and then ordered 2 chicken burgers, French fries, 1 chicken bucket and 2 colas.

"You know Yura-ah,  I'm wondering if you'll be able to eat all of what you just ordered" Hanbin remarked once they took thier seats

"Well.... It's been years since I've been to KFC... so I guess I'll be able to eat ALL of it." She replied.

As Yura began munching on her Burger, she noticed that instead of eating his share, Hanbin was smiling at her.

"Bwo? (What?)" She asked, swallowing her food.

"Nothing.... " he replied, still smiling.

After finishing their lunch, Hanbin drove to the biggest pet store in Seoul.

"I know that Dan can never be replaced jagiya......But I guess we should atleast get someone to substitute him...." Hanbin said as they entered the store.

The store owner, a man in his late forties asked them, "What are you looking for? A Dog? A Cat?  A Fish?"

"A dog...." Yura answered before the man could continue.

"Okay........Step this way please... " he said, leading them to the kennels.

Initially, Yura had thought of getting a Cocher Spaniel,  But when a small Golden Retriever pup snuggled at Hanbin's feet, Yura's mind changed.

"We'll take this one " she told Hanbin who was playing with the pup.

Hanbin smiled and replied , " So Let's finish up with the formalities. "

~ ~ An hour later ~ ~

A perfect way to end a perfect day, Hanbin thought as he fumbled with the blue Tiffany box containing a pair of diamond solitaire earing for Yura.

But his mood darkened when he spotted a very familiar car parked in front of his house.

"Hey did you invite Taehyung-ah? " Yura asked surprised.

"No....why the hell would I? " Hanbin thought But in the politest way possible replied,  "Uh...  No, maybe he, being the good friend he is, thought of paying us a visit..."

Yura stared at him in disbelief.

"Yura-ah where the hell were you the whole time.... I mean I've been waiting here for you since this afternoon. " Taehyung greeted as he hugged Yura, forgetting that Hanbin too was around.

"Hey Taehyung-ah, so you're here since this afternoon?" Hanbin intervened and sighed in relief as Taehyung reluctantly let go of his wife.

"Yeah.... and woah! You guys got a new dog?" Taehyung asked, pointing at the pup in Hanbin's arm.

"Isn't that obvious? " Yura sarcastically asked.

"Ummm........ so why don't we sit down and talk?" Hanbin suggested.

"Man! Your house is awesome, Hanbin,  I mean It's so well organised." Taehyung stated, as he looked around the recreation room.

"Yura-ah planned and organised it all.....with a lil help from Jen,  right Yura-ah? " Hanbin remarked with a smile.

After a small formal talk, Taehyung finally came to the point .

"Well, Yura-ah, I was Actually here for a charity match - But then suddenly I got reminded of you. No offence intended Hanbin, But since you're, you know, busy all the time, I want to take Yura out for shopping...." he casually remarked - his remark making Hanbin feel like punching him straight on the face and Yura surprised to see Hanbins reaction.

For Hanbin,  it was difficult for him to control his strong urge to beat Taehyung up for flirting with his wife But he maintained his calm composure.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After a disappointed Taehyung returned back, Hanbin found himself playing with their new pup.

"Have you found a name for him?" Yura asked as she entered the master bedroom.

"Nope I was just about to ask for your help.... " he said, still playing with the Golden Retriever.

"Umm... we'll think of a good name soon.... and Hanbin-ah..?"

"Yeah?"

"The way you handled Taehyung-ah's words and attitudes today,I really appreciate it......thanks for not picking you a fight with him ....."

Hanbin looked at her with a serious expression and said, " Taehyung was correct....I'm always busy... so do you want to go shopping with me? "

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Anneyong,

This chapter has an 'open ending '. So you all are free to imagine what happens next when they go for shopping,  where they go,  or what to do,  etc.