Chapter 4- Haha, Friends

—————

When the next morning quickly arrived, Izuku rubbed his eyes with his hands when walking out of the dorm building, getting out any lingering tiredness. Himiko and Dabi were next to him, chatting about how they thought today would go.

Ahead of them, Izuku could see the figure of Aizawa, who was walking towards them with his usual deadpan expression.

"Aizawa-sensei!~" Himiko waved eagerly, jumping up and down. "What're you doing here?"

"Yeah," Dabi smirked. "Did you really miss us that much?"

Aizawa sighed. "Trust me, I didn't."

Dabi snorted. "Nice to know you really care about us."

"Nezu told me to ask how your first day was," Aizawa said, ignoring the scarred male. He pointed at Izuku. "Especially yours, problem child."

'...Problem child?'

"Problem child?!" Himiko cackled, hunching over. "Ahaha, Izu-kun got a nickname from Aizawa-sensei!~"

"Ah, yes," Dabi held up three fingers, counting them down as he spoke. "The three villain rehab students: Dabi, Himiko, and problem child."

Izuku stepped on his foot. Dabi jumped back.

"To tell the truth, I found it strange," Izuku said in response to Aizawa. "I've never been to a school before so everything was new to me, but I'll probably grow to like it."

"Even after you got in trouble?"

"For a good reason." he countered.

"That's not an excuse you can make in the future," Aizawa groaned. "You'll never get anywhere in life with that."

Izuku shrugged. "I'm fine staying in one place."

——

Izuku noticed he got some stares when walking into the classroom. It was understandable, being a villain, but these stares felt different. Especially from these two students that seemed to be almost completely focused on him.

——

He gripped his pencil perfectly above his paper, staring ahead and making sure he copied absolutely everything from the board onto his notebook. 

Ectoplasm said that the villains would be receiving homework, which was something he knew a lot of students dreaded. Izuku knew most of the material already due to boredom, but he thought it would be good to review it again... a lot.

"Why do we have homework?!" Himiko whined. "I skipped two months of school! How I am supposed to do this?"

Dabi coughed, "Sucks to be you."

Himiko stepped on his foot.

("That was the foot Izu stomped on!")

("Jeez, well it sure sucks to be you, then!")

Izuku peered over her paper. "Do you want me to help?" he asked.

"Yup!~" Himiko nodded gleefully, suddenly switching moods. "Thank you, Izu-kun!~"

"So, to start off..."

Izuku talked her through the math, pointing and marking the notebook with his pencil. Dabi happened to stay too, but that was probably because other U.A. students were out the door and he did not want to associate with them.

"Woah, I think I just caught up with a weeks worth of math!" Himiko exclaimed. "I love you, Izu-kun!"

Izuku only nodded, now collecting his own supplies since the school day was over.