Chapter 6- How To Annoy Someone

A/N- 500 words into this and i realized i wrote the battles out of order. but tbh i didn't care bc i wasn't about to rewrite the whole thing.

—————

"We're up against Todoroki, Uraraka, and Jirou," Mashirao sighed as the four walked into the fake city. "That's a really powerful group."

"Not to mention we don't know much about Midoriya's fighting style," Rikido added, looking over at the greenette. "Would you mind telling us more about yourself?"

"No, I'm fine with it," Izuku said, adjusting his PE uniform. He looked up. "I'm more of a close-range fighter. My punches and kicks aren't necessarily strong though, and I'm not that good in martial arts. But I am really fast."

"Close range? Seriously?" Denki groaned. "I mean, Uraraka's gonna defeat us in no time if we do close combat. Jirou and Todoroki are crazy strong too. We're up against a powerhouse!"

"...Not necessarily," Izuku said. He put a hand to his chin. "They're really strong both together and individually..."

"Yeah, I guess," Denki said. "What about it though? That just makes it sound like we're gonna lose more!"

"I have an idea," Izuku suddenly announced. "It's risky and has a high chance of failure, but it could potentially work."

His three teammates exchanged glances. Kaminari tilted his head, Mashirao nodded, and Rikido eventually shrugged. 

"Sure," Denki said. "Not like the rest of us can refuse."

——

Kyoka put her earphone jacks into the ground, closing her eyes and concentrating on the sounds around her. It was quiet for the most part, but listening in closely, she could hear the slight footsteps of the other team.

She opened her eyes. Ochaco was the first to ask if she heard anything.

"Yes," she answered. "it sounds like the other team is just walking down the street like we are. They're still pretty far away." 

"Let's go then," Shoto said plainly. "They're grading us on time."

"We can't do that," Kyoka argued. "We still have no idea what Midoriya's quirk is, since he refuses to tell us all the time."

"Yeah, what if it's something as powerful as your quirk?" Ochaco agreed. "Who knows what it could be?"

"Come to think of it," Kyoka said. "Shouldn't they have informed us on Midoriya's quirk beforehand?  It's definitely not fair they th- AGH!"

A faraway 'CLANG,' could be heard from the trio.

"Jirou?!" 

Kyoka gasped painfully, a sudden metallic sound screeching through her ears. She pulled her earphone jacks out of the ground immediately, feeling her head begin to spin.

"What was that?" Shoto asked to nobody in particular.

"It sounded like metal," Uraraka said, before immediately bending down. "Jirou, are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm alright," Kyoka said, hardening her gaze. "They must've known I was trying to listen for them."

"Can you listen in again?" Shoto asked.

Ochaco opened her mouth to say something, but was beaten by Kyoka who immediately said, "Of course I can." 

Kyoka put her jacks back into the ground, much to Ochaco's concern, and tried her best to ignore the ringing in her head. She could make out the sounds of the other team. Three pairs of feet were coming towards them.