Chapter 25- Let's Go Home

A/N- wassup. so in case in ch. 19 i made an author note about the stupid half-brother/cousin mix-up i did. i mean... it doesn't really explain much but if you wanna look at it, it's there.

—————

When Neito finished recounting his story, he was fully dressed again and was standing next to the bushes, with Izuku and Himiko by his side, the two stupified as they processed the story.

Vaguely, Izuku could hear the explosions that should've been booming in his ears. Instead, they sounded distant.

His friends came for him. Those was Katsuki's explosions, weren't they? He wondered who else came for them. Shoto? Ochaco?

In his daze, he looked at Himiko. Her eyes had a tear or two dripping from them.

"I'm so sorry, Nei-kun," she was saying. "I'm the worst cousin ever!"

"Not the worst," Neito said with his forced smile. "I think that trophy goes to me."

"Maybe we're all the worst." Izuku mumbled.

"Uplifting, aren't you?"

Neito's words were drowned out from a new set of thoughts buzzing in Izuku's head. His friends were all on the other side of this police building, fighting with actual law enforcement.

His friends were all so... so self-sacrificing, and his eyes were threatened with tears. He couldn't let them give up their futures for a criminal's.

However, Neito was already set on leaving. "This way," he said, facing away from the chaos. "They're only so much 1-A can do."

"Wait, what about afterwards?" Izuku asked. "Where are they going to hide?"

"The edge of the city. Now come on!"

"That's a bad place to hide. It's more protected than you think," Izuku said, running in front of Neito. "I would know. We need to go somewhere more concealed."

"I'm sorry we don't have extensive knowledge of this city's backstreets," Neito bit back. "We can't change our location now. 1-A is going to be confused if we're not there."

"Then let's tell them," Himiko said, wiping another tear. She put a smile on her face. "I've been dying to see Ura-chan anyway."

"How sweet," Neito drawled, but Izuku swore his smile became more genuine. "but where, exactly, are we going?" There was more and more noise, and Izuku feared that his friends may have starting getting into battle.

"The League hideout!" Himiko immediately exclaimed. "It's-"

"The League? As in, the people who tried to kill us just a few days ago?" Neito asked. "It's much easier to go-"

"They're not going to hurt you," Izuku said. "I won't let them."

"That's how you know you're safe." Himiko whispered into Neito's ear. He snickered, and Izuku stared at them, confused.

"If you're not comfortable with the League, I can take you to other places," Izuku said. "It's not safe-"

"It doesn't matter how safe the area is," Neito said, clicking his tongue. "All that matters is that everyone ends up in the same place."

"What do you-"

"I FOUND YOU!"

Izuku sharply turned to the voice, barely glimpsing the owner before Neito's hand grasped his own and yanked.

"Run!"

"Wait!" the voice, who Izuku recognized as Eijiro, yelled. "Slow down."

"Kirishima!" Himiko exclaimed. She almost tripped over her own feet. "Kirishima came for us too?!"