Chapter 22- You're Here, But Why Me

—————

The gray walls started to feel boring.

It was inevitable. They had been in there for who knows how long, and Izuku had nothing but his mind to keep him company, as Himiko had actually fallen asleep beside him.

It was hard to believe she did, the bench being as hard as it was, but Izuku couldn't blame her. He wanted to fall asleep as well, but found himself unable to.

He flexed his arms. They were already starting to become sore. Izuku couldn't imagine what his body would feel like if he fell asleep, especially on the bench.

At least he knew his mind was catching up with his body. He could already feel a rush of sleepiness, and his limbs almost seemed to go out on their own. He yawned, leaning against the back wall. Soon enough, he closed his eyes, and laid there peacefully for a while.

Though he was resting, he wasn't sleeping, and was still aware of the cold and hard walls pressing against him.

It wasn't long before someone interrupted the moment.

It came in the form of a knock.

'That's weird,' Izuku thought, because somewhere in his dumb hermit mind, he didn't think police officers were that courteous when entering a prison cell in the TV shows he watched. 

He frowned, rubbing his eyes before opening them. Perhaps he shouldn't have been so surprised when he saw Nezu, Aizawa, and Tsukauchi enter the room. Or maybe it wasn't surprise, but a deep, simmering bitterness.

"Go away," he said, immediately staring off to the side. There went his moment of peace. "I don't want to see any of you right now."

"Hello, Izuku," Nezu said, witha politeness that seemed both real and fake at the same time. "I get that this is a very unfortunate situation-"

"Yes, it is," Izuku snapped coldly. "Nezu, you know me well enough that I wouldn't call the League here, and all the staff know that we're too well-guarded to even think about contacting the League. Himiko even went against them. Why are we in here?"

"There's still many questions to be answered," Aizawa said. "The faster we get this done the f-"

"Not you," Izuku glared at his teacher. "Nezu. You know-"

"I do know, Izuku," Nezu said. "But-"

"So if you know, then let us out!" Izuku shouted. He felt all eyes on him.

And Himiko's eyes as well, as she had just woken up from all the commotion.

"Izu-kun's right," Himiko said. "Whatever he just said."

"We're just asking questions," Tsukauchi said gently. "You'll be out of here in a couple days afterwards, after we deem you trustworthy."

Izuku couldn't believe it. "You mean, you don't trust us? Then what was the entire Rehab program for?!"

"It was to give you a second chance," Aizawa said. He shook his head. "We're wasting time here. Let's get down to business."

"Why don't you believe in us, Aizawa-sensei?" Izuku asked, trying to find hope in his teacher. "I'm serious. Even if we used to be villains... I thought you knew us a little better."

"Aizawa-sensei, when are we leaving?" Himiko asked. "I wanna see the rest of 1-A. It's not fair. I don't want to be trapped in here. I wanna know what's going on out there, I wanna know if Dabi made it back!"

"Dabi still," Tsukauchi sighed, "has not returned. We're sending people to search for him, but we haven't made much progress. Some of the students said he left on his own volition."