Chapter 13- Why Did I Ask

—————

They woke up at something-early o' clock the next day, immediately ate a breakfast consisting of ninety-percent carbs plus fruit and dairy, and then were out onto the forest, where the sun was barely peaking over the horizon and it was freezing cold.

Izuku was tired. Everybody was tired, but he thought he was a bit more worn out than them because he spent the entire night thinking about Dabi. The older male was back to his deadpan, blank expression, but through those eyes, the greenette could see thoughts swirling like madness.

He looked away, back towards Aizawa who was saying something, but couldn't focus. Dabi had blamed his brother, who was just a child when he left. The one who was standing just off to side, who previously closed himself off from the world that cursed him with Endeavor as a father.

But Izuku knew Dabi still loved his brother. He had to, because if he didn't, then he would've told Shoto who he was already.

A bad feeling was still in his gut anyways. He'd never seen Dabi so off the rails in a long, long time. In fact, he wasn't even sure he ever saw Dabi with so much contempt before.

Aizawa's lecture finished soon, something about Katsuki's explosions and surviving hell. Also improving their quirks.

Izuku ended up training with Tiger, since physical combat was really the only thing he could do. His razor was tucked safely in his pocket.

"So you're not going to use your quirk." Tiger said, as the greenette was getting ready to face him off.

"I'm not." Izuku confirmed.

Tiger lowered his stance. It was hard to tell what the Pro Hero was thinking, despite how aggressive and eccentric he was. "Then come at me!"

Izuku shot forward. He aimed for a kick at the chest, but the Pro Hero twisted himself out of harm's way, the student soaring under him with extreme speed. Tiger spun around for a punch, the greenette managing to roll out of the way just in time.

He pushed off the ground hard with his right hand, landing on his feet gracefully. Then there came a sudden leg swinging towards his face, and Izuku managed to duck, thankfully. He went a few paces back, putting distance between himself and Tiger. 

"You can't win if you hesitate!" Tiger roared, appearing in front of Izuku's face in a flash. He struck and hit the ground next to the student, the hard dirt and rock exploding from force.

Izuku stepped back once again, analyzing his options. Sweat broke out on his forehead. He wasn't used to fighting people he was unfamiliar with. If only he watched more videos of the Wild Wild Pussycats...

"Why are you backing up?" Tiger took heavy steps forward. "Face me like a man. What happened to that power I saw earlier?!"

Izuku scanned the trees. It would be hard getting a hit in with Tiger's Pliabody, but he needed something. Maybe the environment would help.

He ran into the forest.

"Are you running away?! You'll never get into shape if you do that!" Tiger yelled, chasing after him with the speed and power of a thousand horses. 

Izuku's heart started beating faster. He needed to win. A boulder was up ahead, and he jumped over it swiftly, Tiger shattering it below. He was getting closer.

Tiger pushed ahead through the rock fragments, using his quirk to minimize the damage. His fist flew up, aiming to strike at Izuku's face.

The teenager's world stilled. If that hit, there was no way he would be able to get back up. And he needed to win. He needed to do anything to win.