Chapter 30- Rest Easy

"Wait, wait," Eijiro said, placing a hand on his head. As an outsider to everything that was happening, it must've been hard to grasp what information each party had. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well... you were saying how Monoma was trying to cooperate with the heroes, right?" Izuku asked. He pointed at himself and Himiko. "That's what we're going to do after this, since they were bound to come after us anyways."

"Oh," Eijiro said, scratching his head. He grinned. "Well, this is great then! Saves you the trouble of doing it yourself, yeah? We can do other stuff now."

Izuku wouldn't call it... great. How could he guarantee the exchange would go smoothly? He didn't know what Neito was planning to say either.

He tried seeing if the two females felt the same way he did, but they moved on pretty quickly as well. Himiko had started paying attention to the letter again.

"Hey, hey, Izuku," she said, flashing the letter in Izuku's face. "You gotta read your portion of the letter. But no peeking at mine, okay?"

She pointed to a portion of the letter.

It read: 'Midoriya. Your father sounds like a real douche.'

Wow, what a wonderful way to begin.

'Makes us similar, no?'

'That woman I just met said she knew you before you became a villain. Told me everything. Suspicious, isn't it? Right now, I suppose it doesn't matter.'

'I'm curious to see how the heroes will react to the name "All For One." If your father really is a big-shot like Miss Bakugo says, then they won't ignore him. I now see why your main priority strayed from hiding to getting him arrested.'

'Currently, I'm unaware of what you're doing right now. Obviously, you're reading this letter, but whatever you're going to do next, make sure it counts. It'd suck if I did all this just for nothing to work out, wouldn't it?

'Well, you might as well prepare for the worst. Whatever happens next, don't act surprised.'

'- N.M.'

'P.S.- don't let Himiko get caught in the crossfire.'

Gently taking the letter from Himiko's hands, Izuku thought, 'How sweet. Promise accepted, Monoma. Whether or not I'll be able to keep it though, is a different story.'

He had to say, with the exclusion of the beginning sentences, Neito was surprisingly formal in his writing. There wasn't as much flowery writing as Izuku thought there was going to be, but he supposed it was more concise that way.

It was... really concise. Much more compared to Himiko, which took up two-thirds of page. Guess there wasn't much Neito wanted to say to him. But that was okay, because Izuku trusted Neito to make his part work.

Izuku handed the letter back. "All right, I'm finished," he said, directing his attention to Eijiro. "Thanks for delivering this letter all the way here."

"Yeah, no problem," Eijiro said, with a shaky laugh. He glanced up at the horrendous tree above them, at the twisted limbs that seemed to cry out for help. "Just helping out. So what's the game plan now?"

"We are going to leave," Mitsuki said, gaining cry from Eijiro. "You have family and friends worried about you, and I have to see if my son is alright."

Not already. Izuku didn't want her to leave. He wanted to know more about himself, more about his mother. "You have to?" he said.

"Already?" Eijiro cried.