♔ Chapter 1

— Continuation: Bite The Hand That Feeds You Part 2

• time skip •

It's already morning, almost lunchtime, because I went to bed about 5 o'clock, screw that doomblades. Now that I haven't had enough sleep, I'm fucking late for Captain's private meeting. I took a bath as quickly as I could; wearing my shirt with the sleeves folded up so it looks like a tank top, as I buckle the black leather harness around my upper body, and my daily struggles; the too fitted black jeans, why is this even a uniform requirement?! Finally, my personal favorite, the almost over-the-knee boots; after all, who wouldn't want this style of boot? It's giving me a bad ass vibe as usual, but this never gets to me.

I hate to admit it, but despite the fact that wearing all black makes the body even hotter, it was just too fun to wear dark colored shirts. I'm skipping meals today in order to get to the Captain's office as soon as possible. I didn't show up to the squad because I was late and they would tease me for being a hard worker again, but as I walked down the corridors, I could sense that everyone I passed was. They started staring at me and whispering about me; they're terrible at keeping secrets, so I just ignored them and went to the Captain's office. Even though I wasn't that type of a person, I knocked on the door and patiently awaited his answer as a respectful cadet. But I was quickly irritated, just stating facts about me.

I quietly opened the door after hearing Captain's answer, exposing myself in front of Captain's presence. As I assessed his face, he seemed shocked, but his cold aura remained with him "I apologize for not being able to get to your office earlier; I've just overworked myself again, Captain. I went to bed at around 5AM and awoke almost an hour later. Captain, I will happily accept the punishments you will impose."

"Oh no.. I suppose it was perfect. After all, it's only between us two, so there's no need to be concerned. And, before we get into that and our strategy, have you heard about the rumors going around the Corps about you being a District imposter? I mean, I'm not going to believe them because there isn't enough proof to convict you, and you wouldn't do that, right? You can't just deceive us like that, you're the best decoy of the Wheassain. Aren't they thankful that you've been in action for 5 fucking years? This nonsense irritates me greatly."

Today I was completely taken aback. To be honest, that was the longest thing the Captain had ever said. This isn't typical of him, but seeing him worried and caring for his squad makes me and the rest of the squad proud and motivated to work even harder.

"Oh.. Uhh— Captain, would you like me to make you a drink? You appeared.. Tense.", he just nodded.

"Cap, a cup of peppermint or chamomile tea will help you relax. Which option would you pick?"

"It's up to you, Chaney."

Of course, peppermint tea will be my option. It was just a little refreshing in the mouth, and it was one of my favorite teas. I just know Captain drinks coffee all the time, but he was really drinking tea. It means he was compelled to do so by me and even water. That old hag, who just wants to die, just kidding. I'm trying my best to let him avoid his bad habits so he can live longer. I have no desire to die. I returned to his front desk with a cup of tea, and he immediately sensed my presence and turned his gaze to me. To a greatest soldier of all time, this is no longer surprising. I carefully placed the teacup on his desk, careful not to spill it lest he become enraged.

"I believe now is the appropriate time to share our secret and plans. As I previously said, we will declare war on the Zinghastans because we all know that talking won't solve the problems. I told you this first, before telling the other soldiers in our group, because we desperately need your plans about how to execute them as soon as possible."

"I beg your pardon, Captain Harrison, but I'm hoping to be able to accompany you to the General Meeting you'll be attending later after lunch.", as I saluted and bowed my head down, I respectfully begged Captain.

"I was about to ask you if you wanted to come with me later, but you had already read my mind. I'll tell General Mcmillan right away."

This isn't something I'm going to see. Is it possible that I'm having a dream right now? Is it possible to slap me? It wasn't a dream, oh my god. Captain Montoya simply grinned. I swear to the FUCKING WALLS, THIS IS NOT HIM!

"Cap— Captain, may I inquire as to who administered the sedative?"

"The fuck are ya talking about now, cadet?"

"Y-y.. I— I don't know how to fucking say this shit. Fuck my life." I mumbled.

"Oi, Sergeant Kailey Chaney."

"Y-yes, Sir— Toya— Captain Harrison?"

"You're so weird."

"Oh wow, thank you very much for the insult, Captain Harrison.", oh fuck, this isn't nice, I sarcastically said as he began glaring at me. "Fuck this shit, I'm out!", I dashed out of his office as quickly as I could before he caught me, the damned old hag having much too much stamina to run me down.

"You fucking asshole, you got me good this time. Be grateful.", I heard him tsk'ed. I'm so dead meat right now.

I wanted to visit The Risen Demons' Training Area, where they were obviously practicing their fucking doomblades. But I managed to do it, though just a little, and it was such a relief to know how to use it. Izayah sensed my presence and instantly shouted to everyone that I was already here; they gathered around me and began questioning me about the rumors that were circulating throughout the Corps and towns. I clarified to them all that I was aware of the false reports, but that they were aware of them and just tried to pull me down from my spot. I'm glad that they're on my side, so we can resume training; to be honest, I'm just wasting my time. I'm looking forward to attending the General Meeting because I haven't attended one this year and I enjoy being a part of such gatherings, particularly when I'm with the higher generals. I'm delighted to have learned more about them.

tbc..