♔ Chapter 6

— Continuation: Unforeseen Circumstances Part 2

Even though Gavyn was startled and panicked, the teenager shot on the exact spot where the apple was, and it hit perfectly. Then they noticed her eating the apple she was carrying, which was the same apple that was on Gavyn's head and that she had shot earlier. Is this still a living being? This adolescent girl was moving at a breakneck pace.

"Who the hell are you, kid?", Captain Harrison annoyably got out of his chair as he approached the adolescent girl "What brings you here in the first place? Do you have any idea what this location is?"

"Oooh. Look what we have here!! Risen Demons' Captain Harrison MonTOYA.", she let out a psychotic laugh as she turned around to face him and resumed her seriousness.

"Go backwards, she could be an enemy.", Lieutenant Iliana told her squad.

"And who the hell are you, brat?"

"Khaleada Moirae Chaney at your service, Captain!", she greeted everyone with a smirk on her lips as she introduced herself.

They were both taken aback by what they had just seen and heard. "Chaney?" they all inquired, intrigued.

"Hey there, kiddo.. Do you happen to know by chance a woman named Kailey Chaney?" Iliana asked the adolescent, who looked at them puzzled. "She's my mother," the adolescent replied. "May I ask who all of you are to her?"

"But wait wait! I came here to join this squad, The Risen Demons, as a military soldier. Please accept my appeal!", as she saluted in front of them, she said confidently. "But I suppose I don't need any responses from you. If my memory serves me correctly, you were all my mother's comrades. She was Wheassain's Best Decoy! I can also be in that spot if you'll only work with me."

After hearing Khaleada's sentences, they can't even speak or utter a word. She survived those 15 years of grief, but she never returned to them. Is this supposed to be a relief or something? Even Harrison was taken aback. But how did they manage to stay alive? That was the main question they wanted answered, since Kailey was obviously shot in the chest that day and died right in front of their eyes.

They were taken aback and didn't acknowledge Kailey's presence until she appeared through the tall trees surrounding them, "Oi, you fucking brat. I warned you not to surprise them, and now look at what you've accomplished. They're completely speechless and unable to utter a single word!"

Kailey turned to face Iliana, her mother figure, and Iliana saw Kailey staring at her as if she wanted anything but couldn't say anything. As a result, Iliana approached Kailey with a close embrace, the hug that Kailey desired. Iliana couldn't stop crying and couldn't even finish her sentence when she said, "You!"

"I-I really hate you, Kailey! You made us suffer! I'm relieved to hear you and your daughter were unharmed. We're going to lose you absolutely, I thought. We don't know what we'll do without you, your plans and methods, and, of course, your presence."

Except for Harrison, who is still processing what's going on, they all started crying and joined in the embrace. In his thoughts, he said, "If this is one of my dreams, I will not wake up."

"Aren't 'ya going to join them.. Father?", Toya grinned and hugged his own daughter sideways as Khaleada rested her head on the side of his arms.

"You've inherited your mother's badassness and expertise, Khaleada."

"And I've got your salty ass personality.", Toya locked his gaze on Khaleada, who had just smirked triumphantly.

"General Mcmillan has arrived. What is it that you're all hugging about? What happened to Harrison?", Deandre is completely oblivious to what is going on around them, so General Mcmillan fires a gun in their direction. However, the gun's bullet was cut into tiny bits, and they focused on Khaleada, who was about to go berserk at any moment.

"Take a look at what we've got. Who is this girl who responded so quickly? Sergeant Chaney, who also has an insane speed strength, comes to mind when I think of her. Captain Montoya and Colonel Rodgers have offered her the opportunity to enter the military.", even General Mcmillan was taken aback by Khaleada's reaction.

"Pardon me, General, but she's really a Chaney. Kailey's daughter, in a sense.", as he responded, Harrison saluted. Deandre, how are you? He's completely perplexed by what Harrison said, "What are you talking about, Harrison? Is that what I heard? You're not joking.. Right??", Deandre said in a confused way.

"General Mcmillan, please embrace us as military soldiers! We're happy to take on our own responsibilities!", as they saluted the General to show appreciation, Khaleada and Kailey said together. Deandre was taken aback by what he was seeing today.

"Kailey..", that's all Deandre has to say about it. At the same moment, he's stunned and speechless. As General Mcmillan applauded both Chaneys, "Our Best Decoy, you're always welcome in the military! Sergeant Chaney, it's been 15 years since I last saw you. I see we now have our second Best Decoy. Let's see what Khaleada Chaney can do.", General Mcmillan remarked, amused.

tbc..