♔ Chapter 4

— Continuation: Bite The Hand That Feeds You Part 5 (Last Part)

• time skip (to the Klupnard partition) •

The Risen Demons were all gathered at the top of Klupnard town's partition, watching me approach slowly. They were even more ecstatic than normal because I had returned to them alive and unharmed. The other Corps, on the other hand, seemed pleased to see me. They all hugged me tightly, and some of them cried with joy because they had won. Are they, though, really on the verge of victory? I don't need to remind them about what I expected earlier because I made it back alive. The rest of the Corps and higher-ranking soldiers are only waiting for us to celebrate our success, which won't happen until...

As Captain Montoya walked towards me and started to kneel in front of me, showing a small box from his trouser pocket, everyone fell silent "Sergeant Kailey Chaney, despite the fact that you, like me, are a dork and careless at times. I'm not sure why we're in love with each other, but I suppose it's fate. Kailey Chaney, will you marry—"

Toya's question was interrupted by a loud shout from a short distance away, "I can't believe you fucking betrayed us! I thought you were Zinghastan's most strong soldier, Commander Chaney?! So, why did you betray us?! You assassinated Doc Lithgen and the Zinghastans! You'll be sorry for the consequences!"

What the actual fuck, how is she became alive?!

She drew her revolver and aimed it at my chest and wait.. Wasn't that my silencer revolver?! How did she get it? But it was too late; I fell flat on my face on the cold stoned ground, dizzy. I heard a gunshot, but due to the pain in my chest, I couldn't look to see who fired the gun. I knew this was going to happen. They surrounded me, and I could see Lieutenant Iliana weeping and being consoled by my comrades. Someone lifted me up and put me on their lap.

"O-oi, Kailey! You've gotta be kidding me!", Madison..?

"Don't ya even dare to close your eyes, Sergeant Chaney!"

"Somebody call medical!"

"On it."

"Kailey, stay strong! I will fucking kill you once you close your goddamn eyes, I swear to the walls!"

Sorry..

"O-oi.. Don't leave me yet, oi! Kailey Chaney!", Captain?

For some reason, my vision has become blurry, and I can feel tears streaming down my face. I can tell he's crying, but it's silent. For the last time in my life, I touched his hands.

"Everything will be fine even without.. Me, Captain.. Toya."

"Don't be fucking dramatic, Kai! Let yourself live!"

"But I will tell you all something.. I didn't betray the Wheassain."

"We all know, Chaney. You will not do it on purpose."

"Why the fuck is the medical taking so long?!"

"Kailey, don't make a single movement or utter a single word. You're just making it worse for yourself.", Captain Montoya, still the Harrison Montoya I'd known for years, intimidated me.

"Haha but hey Risen Demons.. My squad."

"Y-yeah, Kai..?"

"Kailey.."

"My precious daughter.."

"I'm not doing too good."

"H-hey, don't say that! You're our best decoy for a reason!"

"Oi, you brat, I said don't talk!"

"Yeah.. I just wish I could see Phaginia one more time.."

"Y-yes! You will see it again, just never give up!"

"Of course!"

"Please don't say that.."

"We're going there right now if ya want.."

"Nah, that's okay.. Just promise to bury me there.."

"Oi! No one will die!"

"Where's the fucking medic?! What the fuck!"

"I love you, my beloved squad.. Especially you, Captain.. Toya.."

I can hear all of their deep sobs, and I think everyone is going insane. I apologise profusely, team.

"But before I die.. Toya, please look inside my cloak's pocket for the small rectangular box."

He nodded, his body trembling with apprehension.

It will be the last time I see them, the last time I hear their sobs, the last time I see my future husband. And this is my last breath, my life is coming to an end here, and my last tear is falling down my cheek.

"Sorry and I love you my squad and Toya.. Let's meet in the next life again..", and my last words before I die.

Harrison seems to have given up on his life when he took the item outside the rectangular box. They were astounded as well when they saw what Harrison was holding: a positive pregnancy test. Harrison is supposed to be the father, but it was taken last month and Kailey's pregnancy is only 4 weeks old but.. They both died.

tbc..