♔ Chapter 7

— Continuation: Unforeseen Circumstances Part 3

• time skip (4 days later..) •

They were eating a big lunch to commemorate the Chaneys' return to the military. They were taken aback when Kailey said that they just lived on Phaginia because they never saw them or felt their presence when they went down to the area, but it didn't bother them. Even though Toya didn't seem to mind when Khaleada roasted so many cadets in the dining hall, he secretly enjoyed seeing his daughter roast almost everyone in the dining hall. Even though Khaleada was a badass, she was able to get along with Kailey's close friends, particularly Iliana. They tag along together, and Iliana wanted to show Khaleada her creations in her Laboratory space, which the teen was very eager to see, so they went there.

"Iliana, you came up with some fantastic inventions! I'm envious of both you and my mother..", Iliana chuckled as she pouted angrily. "Why?"

"She's such a complete package, as you know! She's already a professional fighter, Wheassain's best decoy, she's a quick learner, she's the best at strategy and tactics, she understands how to manipulate opponents, which is a huge advantage and essential for a military force like this, and she can invent her own weapons. She's far too gifted! It's easy to see why Toya chose her."

"Wait, wait— what the actual hell? Did you just claim she's capable of creating weapons?!"

"Please don't make me say it again. You've already heard me say it. I haven't even mentioned her ability to create chemicals, such as medicine pills and injections or whatever they're called."

"First of all, shut the fuck up, you little version of Harrison, don't be salty to me. Second, I had no idea she could make such amazing stuff. She hasn't said anything about me before, and I haven't seen her do anything like that before. Okay, it perplexes me; don't perplex me; my brain can't handle it. For today, there is much too much to recall."

"Mhm.. I wasn't even told that your brain was still working or that your brain cells were still regenerating."

"Why the fuck are you so mean to us today?"

"Don't hold it against me because I don't hold it against myself for being this way. Instead, we'll point the finger at my dad."

"I already love you and your saltiness. Like your mother, I'll keep you as my daughter figure."

"But.. Hey, Iliana.", the Laboratory room was filled with a palpable sense of unease, which made Iliana gulp nervously. "Y-yeah, Khaleada..? Is there anything else you require? What exactly are you looking for?"

"There was this girl with a child who had been staying in Headquarters because she said she needed assistance and a place to call home. I'm not going to tell you the whole story; instead, I'll get right to the point: that woman is a traitor, and you shouldn't trust her. She was an enemy who spied on Uphitcaster town and occasionally in here, then she'd leave the Wheassain District and go to.. Oniochester District to report what she'd seen all day, I know this because.. I've always been concerned about Toya; it may seem that I'm a creepy stalker, but at the very least, I do my own research to ensure that Toya is my biological father. My mother hasn't spoken about him since I was born, and she has insisted on remaining silent. I'm not sure why she wants to keep it a secret, but I'm sure she never fell in love again after that invasion. My gut told me she just loves my father, which I'm grateful for. And, as you might be aware, there was this serum. My mother has told me not to touch the one she doesn't want me to touch until she says so. Is that serum something you're familiar with, Iliana? I despise the fact that my mother keeps secrets from me."

"I'm familiar with the details of that serum, but I'm not sure if it's the one you're referring to. Let's just presume the serum was called Privafectio Astuses."

"Yes, Iliana, you are right. That was the one she was talking about. I hate to say it, but that was the only small amount of that serum I had, and I'm still working on the ingredients, which is why I wouldn't let you touch it or get close to it because you could spill it due to your clumsiness. And I took the last serum, which we had been protecting for the past 15 years. And I'm happy I brought it with me because we wouldn't be able to survive without it."

"K-Kailey.."

"I'm sorry, okay."

"Nah, I'm good. At least we're safe now. And I decided to keep it to myself because, according to papers from the 7th to 11st centuries, it was invented by Aonghus Chaney, a chemist, and his wife, Cristini Midhir Chaney. That must have been our ten-times-great-grandparents."

"Ooooh.. The Chaney family are truly the strongest and smartest people on the planet; I adore and respect them, particularly you two!", Iliana gave them both a warm embrace as they laughed at each other.", but how long have you been here? Have you overheard something about what we're discussing?"

"Wow, I think I overheard most of your conversations, but it doesn't bother me. They wanted to see her assault or something, so I came here to call her. General Benjamin, in particular, was interested in seeing your abilities. Iliana, join us.. Let's go now, everyone is waiting for us."

They went outside the Training Area, where General Mcmillan and the rest of the Rise Demons squad were stationed. They waved as they approached, and the whole squad became as frantic as ever.

"Khaleada, we just want to see your skills!! Except for the Archery, when you reached the apple over my head, it gave me the death chills!", as Gavyn said it, they all laughed.

"Not going to lie, her skills are more up to date than ours. We don't deserve this kind of job if we're not as skilled as Khaleada, so the Sergeant position is perfect for her.", as a result of what Izayah said, the others agreed.

"I'm ashamed to say it, but I agree with this shit."

They weren't even aware that Khaleada had moved, but they had all heard a loud smack coming from Terrence's direction. "Hey! Never, ever, ever call Toshi a shit.", as she spoke, Khaleada clenched her fist.

"Captain, she has inherited your anger problems and saltiness.", Samuel jokingly said as Toya gave him a death stare, causing Samuel to gulp nervously and scratch his nape. "Do you want to do some laps today?"

"But he's not entirely wrong— don't be such a bummer, Dad! Anyway, you summoned me to this location because?"

"Show us what you've got hidden in your backside. If you're a weakling, we'll fight you and try to beat you.", Kiran said something serious while taking a step forward, which made Khaleada laugh out loud and the others on the Training Field puzzled. "I need a prisoner to deal with.", Khaleade said sternly, or more likely requested, her tone solemn.

"Why don't you just smack us in the face? I know you can't beat up any of us because you're such a wimp, which is why you'd rather be a prisoner than one of us."

"Oi, Griffin. That's enough.", since those words enraged Harrison, he attempted to prevent him from causing trouble in front of the higher ranks.

"Do you want to know why I'd rather battle against a prisoner than you?", as Khaleada looked at them one by one, they all felt a sudden strong tension around them, and all they could do was nod in response. "Because with a single snap, I can destroy you."

They all stopped in their tracks, mostly when they heard Khaleada's psychotic laugh, while Kailey looked confidently at her daughter, no longer shocked by her behaviour.

"Let's get this party started, you're all wasting time.", it was as though they had all just blinked, and Khaleada was already carrying a woman with a terrified look on her face. Harrison's eyes narrowed as he sent an urgent order to Khaleada. "Oi oi, cadet Chaney. Your Captain has sent you orders to get her down as soon as possible.", they all sensed something wasn't quite right between them.

"As if I'd pay attention to you. Captain.", before Harrison could say something hurtful, Khaleada decapitated the woman with her hand, twisting it quickly. They were all taken aback by what Khaleada had done. Khaleada looked at his father, who was releasing a rage tension, and simply cockily smirked at him.

tbc..