♔ Chapter 16

— Continuation: Unforeseen Circumstances Part 12

• execution •

Kailey and Khaleada managed to get free from their cells, but they were besieged by over twenty armored troops who had them shackled from the neck to the feet. They were led into the courtroom, the women being pushed as they entered; some military soldiers were forced to guide the mass murderers in front of the juries who would judge and interrogate them about what they had done; the armored men quickly wrapped around the chains that were connected to the feet on the long thin metal pole and locked it. Only the jury, the remaining armored soldiers, a few townspeople, and the royal bloods remained inside the courthouse. The royal bloods appeared to be staring at the locked up murderers as if they were monsters. You could see by their expressions that they were appalled by the people around them. They were rating the book solely on the basis of its cover, which is incorrect. They look at them that way because they have the opportunity to look down on the peasants beneath them, unconcerned about their well-being and just concerned with their own. Isn't that a bit unjust? Is it really necessary for them to look down on people beneath them without thinking?

They were clearly not appreciating those referred to as peasants and what they were doing in their presence. Isn't this how things are? Too dangerous and unreliable. The royal bloods are content as long as any of them has been sentenced to death. Reality is unforgiving. I'd rather live in my own universe and aspirations than in this terrible and harsh reality.

The judge began to bang the gavel beside him, startling the audience, but they soon calmed down.

"All rise," the Bailiff said as he waited for everyone to remain silent before standing up. "The Superior Court's Department One is now in session. Judge Coileáin is in charge of the proceedings. Please take a seat.", everyone complied.

"Hearings in juvenile court are private. Only those who are directly involved in the case are permitted to enter the courtroom. If there are any people in the courtroom who aren't directly connected in this case, they must go now. Everything that happens in Youth Court is kept private. We'll take a solemn oath of secrecy. Please, everyone, raise your right hand and repeat after me—", the judge was given the opportunity to speak for the first time. The entire courtroom stood up and raised their right hands;

"I solemnly pledge that I will not reveal anything,
Either verbally or in writing.
Any information that comes to my attention during a Youth Court session,
And that I will keep confidential any mentioned proceedings that may take place in my presence."

"Please be seated.", said the judge after they all said following the judge.

"Bailiff, please call the cases," Judge Coileáin said calmly as he looked at the bailiff.

"The town of Hausle of Oniochester was blown up 7 years ago due to a tremendous explosion caused by Khaleada Chaney, and as a result, practically the whole civilian population of Hausle died," the Bailiff said with a nod. "Kailey and Khaleada Chaney are currently plotting an invasion of the District, similar to what they did during the Zinghast and Wheassain Invasion Era."

"Are those cases true, or are they just rumors? We'll ask you directly because you and your so-called daughter don't have a defendant.", in answer to the judge's query, the two women boldly nodded.

“Yes, your honor, we have been involved in such crimes.”

“Would the Clerk/Bailiff mind delivering the verdict to the bench for inspection?”, the verdict is read and signed by the judge, who then hands it over to the Clerk/Bailiff, who then hands it over to the Jury Foreperson.

“Will the defendant please stand for the sentence?", Judge asked again, “Will the foreperson please stand and read the jury's verdict?”

"We the jury sentence the defendant," reads the verdict on the jury form.

“After hearing the evidence, the court concludes that the jury's verdict is suitable and fair to the offender, the victim, and the community. The jury members, Miss Chaney (both), have just done their duty here tonight. Their decision is made as a group. Do not blame anyone for your punishment, and do not raise any difficulties for anybody connected in your case here tonight, or you may end yourself in even more difficulty. Also, keep in mind that you will return to this courtroom to serve on a jury in the future, and you will want the defendant to respect your judgment then. I wish you luck on behalf of everyone here today. I am certain that you will finish your community service and meet the particular requirements that have been placed on you. You and your guardians may report to the Youth Court Director at this time, when your punishment will be discussed in greater detail.”

“Thank you, jury members, counsel, and court officials, for the respect you have shown the defendant and the law. You're free to leave now. However, as you depart this evening, keep in mind that you have a responsibility to preserve the oath of confidentiality in these proceedings."

“I hereby declare Youth Court adjourned because there is no further work before it."

. . . . . ?

"Today, Miss Kailey and Khaleada Chaney will be sentenced to death."

Judge knocks his gavel for the final time after uttering the last sentence.

tbc..