♔ Chapter 12

— Continuation: Unforeseen Circumstances Part 8

Meanwhile..

After exiting his office, Kailey just stood outside, stunned. She was dumbfounded because she didn't know what to say. She stopped thinking about it and began walking away from Harrison's office as if nothing had happened. She ran into Deandre, who was also looking for her and getting ready for the expedition. "Oi yoo, Kai. I was looking for you, so it was perfect timing.", he smiled sweetly, causing Kailey's mood to soften a little, and she simply smiled back.

"What makes you want to find me, by the way? I can see by your eyes that it was important.", she confirmed with a raised brow.

"Kai, you never fail to read me and my feelings, and you keep me proud of you. So, as I was about to say, I'd want to take a look at your inventions. I simply want to learn how to utilize it so that I can practice in the future."

"Oh, yeah, right. They were probably all in Iliana's lab. Let's go, but first, let me go get my cloak and harness from my room. If you want to tag along with me, that's fine with me.", as Deandre gives Kailey a nod and follows her.

They laughed and talked about lots of different things as they walked down the halls, as if no one was watching them. However, cadets from Risen Demons were silently watching them mess around as they walked down the halls.

The crazy trio of Terrence, Gavyn, and Victoria were the ones that watched Kailey and their Colonel Rodgers playing around.

"Colonel Rodgers, I never imagined he'd be so content. He was just like us, a free human having a good time.", Gavyn was decided upon by the two.

"My fucking question needs to be solved right away! When did they start getting so close?!", Victoria almost screamed in annoyance as the two men returned their gaze to them and turned to Victoria's presence.

"Yeah, I saw that as well. Why isn't Kailey with Captain? Isn't that the path that leads to Kailey's room? If my memory serves me correctly.",  as Victoria and Gavyn realized this, their eyes widened.

"Don't tell me..", they said together.

"Since Captain and Kailey broke up?", Victoria inquired flatly.

"When did Kailey and I break up, what?? What exactly are you talking about? What exactly are you brats arguing about? In the first place, we didn't even split up. Would you mind telling me what's going on with you three?", their Captain Montoya appeared out of nowhere, sending shivers down their spines. He walked in front of them with his arms crossed, waiting for a valid excuse for their behavior.

"There's nothing, Capt—"

"Captain, we spotted Colonel Rodgers and Kailey laughing at each other earlier in the corridor while they were playing around. If I'm not mistaken, they headed to Kailey's room. That's all I have to say, Captain.", the two dead glared at Terrence, who recounted everything while saluting with reverence.

"I understand what's going on. Gavyn, what did you say again? 'Nothing, Captain?' Hmm okay, twenty laps on the field later."

"Tsk. Terrence, you're such a naysayer.", Victoria irritatedly said to her pal.

"Okay, I don't want to get killed! Do you have any death wishes for each other?"

"Tsk."

"Tch."

They've arrived at Kailey's front door, and while she searches her pockets for her door key, Deandre calmly waits for her to unlock it. "Make yourself at home here, oh heyya, please come in!", Deandre just stared at her, admiring every aspect of her before entering Kailey's room.

"Is that what you've been searching for? The ones with the harnesses.", Kailey turned around to see what the man was talking about when he pointed to the top of the drawer.

"Oh, yeah! That was it.", she walked over right away and grabbed the harness. She stared at that place for a while before being interrupted by Deandre, who spoke out and broke the stillness.

"If it's okay with you, I'll wrap the harness over your body. I mean, it's been a long time since you strapped the harness to your body. However, I am aware of your difficulties."

"Sure, I'm not bothered in the least. But first, let me change my jeans.", however, regrettably.. Kailey had completely forgotten that the restroom in her room was still in use, so she had no choice but to change in front of Deandre, who was comfortably sitting on her bed. "Before that, I had forgotten that my bathroom renovation was still ongoing."

"It's okay, this is your room after all, I just tagged along.", those words made Kailey feel safe in some ways.

"That wasn't the ancient harness we used on expeditions; it was the most recent. It was made by Iliana around a year and a half ago.", while changing, Kailey stared at him in admiration.

"Is that true?! Oh, my walls, I can't wait to put it to use."

"I nearly forgot to mention that we need to first wrap the harness around your torso. That's how the harness was attached." Deandre jumped up from her bed as she tossed the harness to him, but he caught it just in time.

Harrison barged into Kailey's room without knocking or asking permission to enter the room in the middle of wrapping the harness around the top part of her body. He's just seen her with Deandre for the second time. What would be the worst-case scenario? Deandre was busy putting the harness on Kailey's back section and didn't see Harrison was there, so she's only wearing a short cycling, "Salutations, Captain. What is it that has brought you here?", she simply asked, her gaze fixed on Harrison.

The most heinous act came when Harrison noticed a band on her left hand, indicating that she was engaged. "Colonel Rodgers, cadet, will help you create a joyful family. As you can see, he's a trustworthy and faithful spouse. I'm just dropping by to let you know that the trip is starting in 15 minutes.", he didn't even bother to look at them before walking away.

"Oh my walls, is he that dense motherfucker or something?" Kailey enraged, as Deandre laughed.

"Yeah, since he feared he'd lost you and Khaleada. He's a knucklehead and a motherfucker."

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about my life choices. Why am I still falling in love with him again?"

tbc..