Training the Leader

Timeskip (5 weeks/ May 8)

Team JNPR's Dorm

Late at night, the three members of team JNPR, Nora Valkyrie, Pyrrha Nikos, and Lie Ren were discussing the absence of their leader, Jaune Arc.

"How come Jaune gets home so late?" asked Nora to her childhood friend as she was jumping on her bed.

"He's become rather scarce ever since he's been hanging out with Rex" answered Ren while he was loading ammo into his guns, Stormflower.

"That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!" proclaimed, Nora, doing a pretty impressive twirl in the air as she landed on her bed.

"I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing" said Pyrrha angrily with a small frown, not noticing her two teammates looking at each other worried faces. Nor noticing their leader was listening in from outside.

"Mmmm... I guess so" said Nora as the the two of her teammates continuing to do what they were doing.

Jaune was outside the door as he had been contemplating on what to do.

"Hey, Jaune!" greeted Ruby in her pajamas, surprising Jaune as she giggled at his reaction.

"Long time no see, did you lock your self out again?" asked Ruby as she was a little amused of her first friend of Beacon.

"Oh, uh, nope!" replied Jaune as he pulled out his scroll and said, "Got it!"

"So! Where have you been lately?" asked Ruby.

"I, uh..." said Jaune as he tried to speak before they were interrupted by Ruby's teammate.

"He's supposed to be getting ready for training" said Rex as he was coming down the hallway.

"Come on, man, just one night! We've been at it every night for 5 weeks" begged the blonde knight, not wanting to go through "training".

"Sorry man, but if you want to be a strong and better leader, then you need to come with me. I would let you have a break since you've been doing real well but we can't stop now. Just come on! I really don't have to drag you there again" said Rex, but he must've said it too loud as Nora, Pyrrha, and Ren opened the door, slightly to hear better.

"Come on! Just one night please!" begged Jaune to the Human EVO, literally on his hands and knees.

"Well maybe I could- Oh! Hold on, I'm getting a call" said Rex, pulling out his scroll.

"Hello? Yeah, we're heading back to the room. Uh, huh. Yea I know we've been going there a lot but its the best place. Ok, ok. Just this night and if he does better, then I'll let him be. Ok, bye" said Rex as he ended the phone call.

"Who was that?" asked Jaune.

"It was Ozpin, asking me if we were heading back to Glynda's room" said Rex, as this caught Ruby's attention.

"Say Rex, I know that you said you had to do paperwork with Ozpin but why are you training Jaune now" asked Ruby as the rest of JNPR listened.

"Well, it was for paperwork but then I knew Jaune still needed help with his training so I worked out something. If I can improve Jaune's fighting then I don't have to go back to paperwork. So I've been training him out in Glynda's class" said Rex.

"Why?" asked Ruby.

Hearing this, Rex turned left and then right and saw no one else.

"Its because he needs help. If we're suppose to be fighting those grimm out there, then he needs to work harder and I'm the best to teach him how to hit hard" said Rex but just as he said that, he saw Ruby gasp and was about to say something but he quickly covered her mouth.