The Vytal Festival

September 15 (More than 3 weeks after the Vale attack)

It was now 3 weeks since the grimm attack in Vale. Things had managed to calm down and the town was rebuilt, thanks to Glynda Goodwitch and Rex, who volunteered to lift the heavy stuff. A few days after the attack, Ozpin had decided to let everyone out early to get in some of their own team attacks to get ready for the Vytal Festival. 

To get their own training in to be ready to fight.

Team RRWBY had decided to spend their time out at Ruby and Yang's house and train there. Weiss wasn't a fan of it, just because spending time at the house of Ruby and Yang seemed like a dangerous thing on its own. Rex chuckled when she said that while Yang and Ruby argued with her about how rude it was.

But after they got settled in, they began their training. They began working out by running and exercising, Yang's idea of course. But they soon began working on their weapons training. They even thought about battling one on one with Rex. Ruby and Yang were defiantly excited to fight with him, Weiss was overconfident that she could beat him, and she was close with her ice glyphs and time dial glyphs, but he had more stamina and strong builds to knock him down, and Blake was hesitant since she's seen how strong he is but gave it her best. But still lost.

Rex even came up with some ideas to use his builds and their abilities to make some strong attacks against their opponents. Soon it was the morning before the Vytal Festival began and it was time for Team RRWBY to get ready to head back to Beacon. But Rex was a little nervous. He knew more people from over the world would show up at the school and feared that may people would crowd him and ask questions he probably wasn't comfortable with.

It was now morning in Vale and just outside of the town stood a little, square grave. It had sat alone on a cliff out in the mountains near Vale. The soul that the stone belonged to was Ruby's mother, Summer Rose. 

On the stone was carved "Summer Rose- Thus I kindly scatter."

A young girl kneeled down to the stone as she removed her hood, which turned out to be Ruby.

"Hey, mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty bisy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you" said Ruby in a sad voice as she looked down at the ground with a sad expression.

Then she looked back at the stone saying "I miss you too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates!" said Ruby as she rubbed the back of her head.

She then gained an excited expression as she said "Oh and there's probably the best fighter as well as strongest in all of Remnant. His name is Rex Salazar. I'm sure you would like him. He has these cool powers that let him grow metal things out of his arms and legs. Sometimes his back too. He's super awesome and he's a part of the team too. I'm sure you would gush over his powers like I do. I still can't get over how he does it. It's totally awesome. Together, we form Team RRWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! as she chuckled at her exaggerated speech.

"I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But, uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow" continued Ruby to her mothers grave.