An Intermission with Ironwood

Beacon tower

Ozpin's office (July 24)

Rex flew up close to the window of Ozpin's office and knocked on the window. It was then opened by Ozpin as he gestured his hand for Rex to enter his office room.

Rex made it through and saw that Glynda was standing by his desk, but by one of the seats in front of him was someone he had never seen before.

He saw a man that wore a white overcoat, with a gray undercoat, black sweater, a red necktie, and a white glove on his right hand. His suit pants shared the same color as his overcoat and were tucked into silver boots, accented in gray.

His hair was black, with some silver and gray areas, while his eyebrows were solid black. He had a strip of silver metal above his right eyebrow, a neurotransmitter that helped him operate the robotic parts of his body.

 He had a strip of silver metal above his right eyebrow, a neurotransmitter that helped him operate the robotic parts of his body

"Who's this?" asked Rex as he pointed at him.

Ozpin began walking to his desk as he said "This is the man I was talking about weeks ago. Rex Salazar, this is General James Ironwood of the Atlas military" as he held out his hand, towards Ironwood.

Hearing this made Rex quickly move his eyes to the man staring at him with a neutral tone.

"You mean, that general guy you mentioned before?" asked Rex in a surprised tone.

"Yes, indeed" said Ozpin, picking up on his reaction but Ironwood did too.

Rex sighed as he said "Well, this was bound to happen sooner rather than later so I guess I shouldn't act all surprised" as he slowly walked over to the general.

Ironwood straightened himself as Rex walked over to him. He then held out his hand and said "Greetings Rex Salazar. I am General James Ironwood of......."

"Yea, Ozpin already told me who you are. So let's keep the repetition out of here, alright" said Rex nonchalantly.

This surprised Ironwood but decided to go along with it and said "Very well" as he turned around and took a seat. Rex did the same as him.

Ozpin had chuckled at Rex's reply to Ironwood but soon got over his chuckle and straightened himself up.

He then faced Rex and said "Now, Rex. The reason that I summoned you here is..."

"....Because he has questions about me, I take it?" asked Rex, in a tone that made it sound like he knew exactly where this was going.

Ozpin leaned forward as he said "Yes, that is the case."

"Is he really as trustworthy as you say?"asked Rex in a cautionary way, making James look at him with a stern gaze but felt a bit hurt by his words.

"Yes, Rex. Even though you've had bad experience with military personal, he is a colleague that I trust. He knows about Salem so I trust him. Question is, do you?" asked Ozpin.