Field trips and...fidos?

Two days later (August 19)

It was two days after the dance and James Ironwood had done some investigating about what had happened after the dance and soon came to the conclusion that it was Amber's assailants.

Now Ozpin, Glynda and Ironwood were in Ozpins office and going over what happened that night.

Ironwood angrily slammed his fist against Ozpin's desk saying "They were here!"

"We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James" commented Glynda.

"Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us" argued Ironwood.

An alert sound played, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator.

"Come in" said Ozpin.

Ruby stepped out of the elevator and was acting nervous as she kept walking as she saw the others looking at her.

"Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up" said Ruby as she rubbed her neck and she then sheepishly said "It wasn't me."

Ozpin simply laughed through his nose as he said "Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?" as he wondered what her response would be.

"Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three" said Ruby, sheepishly as she continued to rub her neck, very nervously.

Everyone stared silently at her and it just made Ruby more embarrassed and scared.

"Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it" said Ruby.

"Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat, took action, and you did the very best you could" commented James as he walked over to her.

"Thank you, sir" said Ruby nervously.

"Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add. Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all? questioned Ozpin.

"I don't know. She was wearing a mask, wore black clothing, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked."

"That sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby" said Glynda adding to the conversation.

"Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone" replied Ironwood.

"Wait? You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" said Ruby feeling a bit worried.

"Possible. But we still don't have enough to connect the two together" said Ozpin.

Ruby then thought it might be a good idea to bust the White Fang at warehouse in Vale. She looked at Ozpin saying

"Actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast" added Ruby, trying to make help the situation.

"Interesting. This is a good way to start" said Ozpin standing up.

"Wait. I thought you said the intruder never..." questioned Glynda until Ozpin interrupted her.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Ruby. Why don't you go and spend some time with that... interesting team of yours. You have a big day ahead of you" said Ozpin.