After the Fall

Timeskip(2 days/ September 20)

Ruby grumbled in tiredness as she woke up and looked over to see her father asleep in a chair. She sat up and sighed quietly, causing Taiyang to stir awake.

"Ruby! You're awake!" he said happily as he hugged Ruby.

Ruby grumbled as she said "Ugh... what happened?"

"Your uncle Qrow and sister found you and your teammate, unconscious. They got you out of there, though, and brought you both home safe."

Ruby looked down in thought for a split second, then remembered what she last remembered as she then looked at her dad as she said "Wait! Rex, is he ok?!"

Taiyang just looked down in defeat as he said "Uh... He's uh... *sigh*.... he hasn't woken up.... Theres no easy way to tell you this but.......he's... he's in a coma."

Ruby eyes widened as she said "What?! Where is he?! I need..." she yelled as she tried to get out of bed but then fell down in fatigue.

"Whoa, whoa there. You're still exhausted after the battle. He's ok. Yang has been keeping an eye on him in the spare room he used before" he said as he helped Ruby back into bed and then said "I'm just glad to have my girls back at home."

Ruby reluctantly got back into bed as she then said "What happened to the school?! And Vale?! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?"

"Things at Vale are under control, but the school... It's... it's another story" he said.

Ruby began to think back on what happened at Beacon and remembered what happened to Rex. "That wasn't his fault. He was attacked in the head and..and..." she stuttered but then Tai put his hands on her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

"Sweetie, whether it was his fault or not, he still fell on top of Beacon. Some of the grimm showed up after he fell and have been trying to enter Beacon but also circling it. It's nothing they can't handle but it's the school building that's going to be an issue."

"Wait, how did you see that?" she asked.

"I saw it on the news" he said.

This made Ruby more confused as she said "What do you mean. The news people ran away when the grimm attacked."

Tai sighed as he said "It's complicated. Apparently someone was taping the whole thing but it seemed to be only on Rex and him fighting at Beacon. I've got it on the TV downstairs if you want to see it. Some of your friends are already down in the living room, watching it" said Tai, to which hearing this caught Ruby off guard.

"What, friends? Who's downstairs" asked Ruby as she was curious who stopped by.

"Well, they said their team name was Juniper,I believe, since I probably would forget their names, they're downstairs. And then there was one that had a rabbit Faunus. I think they said Coffee pot. Eh, you'll have to go downstairs and see them. They've been watching the last news reel of the Beacon battle while you and Yang stayed in bed" said Tai as he tried to remember the names.

Hearing this made Ruby wonder more about what he was saying as she asked "What do you mean news reel? Who did the taping?"

"I... Look that's not important right now. We can talk about it later. Things are just... kind of a mess" said Tai, trying to calm Ruby down.

"It's always a mess" said Qrow from behind them. They turned to see him finishing his flask before continuing.

"Mind if we have a minute?" asked Qrow in his carefree attitude.

"What, I can't stay here?!" protested Tai.

"Tai. Please" pleaded Qrow

Taiyang obliged and began to leave the room as he said "I'm glad you're alright. I'll go make us some tea."