Cause what about angels?

Listen to the song and this is not a happy chapter because I'm a horrible human being😈

It had been 18 hours since Derek called, or texted. Nobody had heard from him and their worry's where starting to rise. Meredith got home after a long shift and checked the house phone. No calls. She checked her phone for the 5th time in 10 minutes. No texts. Everyone said they would call if he called, but nobody did.

Where was he? Is he ok? Is he lying in a ditch somewhere? Was he stuck in traffic? Did he not have service? So many things could be going on and Meredith only hoped that has phone had died, or something simple like that. But it never is that simple.

She had finished putting the kids to bed and walked into the living room, seeing toys and macaroni noodles scattered in different places. She sighed and un buttoned the top button of her plaid blouse, sitting down on the couch and grabbing the phone.

8 pm. If he doesn't call by 8 pm I'm calling the police. She looked down and noticed her leg starting to shake, what was this? She knew what it was. It was a gut feeling that something terribly wrong had happened.

As the clock struck 8 pm she grabbed the house phone and moved her finger over the digit 9...1...1.

Just as she was about to place the phone to her ear, red and blue sirens where seen from the end of her driveway. She put the phone down and though if two things.

Ok. He either was speeding and is in the back of that patrol car, or he is hurt and they are coming to tell her the horrible knees no wife wants.

Knock, knock, knock.

She walked over to the door and opened it, looking into the eyes of two police officers in black uniforms. Derek wasn't there. She felt her stomach drop as they looked at each other then back to her, sighing along the way.

"Ma'am, is this the joke of Derek shepherd?" The one asked and looked into her eyes. "It is... he's my husband" she spoke softly with a hint of rasp in her voice.

"What's going on?" She asked and opened the door more for her to step onto the porch. "There's been an accident. You need to come with us" she paused and thought of the words.

Accident? Was he in it or did he help the people in it?

"Ma'am? Are you alright?" He asked again. She looked up and realized she must have been spaced out for quite some time.

"I-I have kids what am I going to do with them?" She asked.

——

"Zozo wake up" she slightly shook her daughter, a small tear forming in her eye. "I know it's late Zozo but we have to go see daddy... ok?" She asked with a shaky voice. Her eldest daughter nodded her head and grabbed her hand, following her to her brothers room.

She picked Bailey up out of his crib and carried his diaper bag along with her. They arrived to the front of the house and where led into one patrol car.

"Where is my husband?" She asked. He looked at her in the rear view mirror and looked down. "Dillard medical center... it's outside of the city" he sighed and they started driving.

——

After a 1 hour car ride, they parked in front of a small run down looking building. Painted in the color mint green. The top had a chipped paint sign, reading Dillard medical center. She sighed and grabbed her daughters hand while strolling her son in his stroller.

"The lady's at the front desk will take you too him. We also have a social worker for your kids" she nodded her head and slowly walked up to the front center.