Chief shepherd pt.2

"You're looking all thoughtful" Meredith commented as her husband gazed into her eyes.

"I-..." he paused and placed his hand on her cheek, rubbing his thumb over it.

"I was just thinking how pretty you are" he smiled, making Meredith blush and feel butterflies.

"Also how pretty our children will be" he continued. Her smile dropped and she looked at him with a scared look.

"Children? Like... multiple?" She questioned. He chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"Child. Let's just start with one and see how that goes" he smiled. She still wasn't smiling.

"You wanna start?" She questioned and looked at him seriously.

"I'm just saying you're pretty. That's all I'm saying" he kissed her then got out of bed, walking to the bathroom to take a shower, leaving her laying in bed speechless.

——

The rest of the morning had gone by regularly. No other topics about children had been brought up and the drive to the hospital was spent in comfortable silence.

Derek was actually being a surgeon today and not a chief. He had April of course, and Meredith on his service. He was only excited for one.

Meredith made her way to the residents lounge and walked in, seeing April talking to Jackson with a smile on her face.

"And it would actually be really smart on the chiefs part if he took in the new resident" April smiled confident.

"What are we talking about?" She asked, making April slightly jump.

"Oh- uh just the s-staff. And how it would be genius-" Jackson cut her off with a smirk.

"Oh here we go again" Jackson rolled his eyes and laughed.

"What?" Meredith chuckled and looked at April.

"N-nothing... nothing" April went red.

"April thinks... your husband walks on water"

"N-no noo.. I don't- I just- I think that your husband is a brilliant surgeon- a-and chief" she stuttered and tried to from sentences.

There was a moment of silence.

"A-and obviously it's professional. It's a professional thing because- he's married, t-to you. And... you two are- great- a great married couple... together" she fiddled with her hands.

"Wow" Jackson smirked at April as she glared at him.

All Meredith did was smile and then walk to her locker.

Meredith had to do a couple rounds for Bailey, so Derek had told her to meet them in the x ray room when she was finished.

As she made her way down, she could just picture April laughing and giggling to everything Derek says, even if it wasn't funny.

She opened the door to the room, seeing Derek talking to himself as he pointed to the scans in front of him.

April just stood there admiring him, pushing strands of hair behind her ears as she shyly smiled at him.

Meredith stood beside Derek, catching his attention as the door to the room shut.

He looked over and looked her up and down, smirking.

"What?" She asked, tilting her head to the side slightly and smiling at him.

"You look even prettier in your scrubs" he smirked. She giggled and looked over, seeing April stand there awkwardly and look at the floor.