I can cook!

Meredith been home for a few hours. She had a short shift and was home at 3. Derek would be home around 7, so she decided to cook dinner for him and surprise him.

"Ok Zozo! Let's go get some veggies!" Mer clapped her hands as she fastened her daughter into her car seat and drive her to the grocery store.

They arrived and Mer went to the produce section to pick up carrots, celery, onion. Then she went to the meat section and picked up some chicken. They paid and drove back home.

"Ok Zozo" she set her groceries down and out Zola in her chair, giving her some Cheerios to keep her busy while she cooks.

Meredith got out a can of Chicken broth and mixed it with a bit of water, putting it on the pot. Meanwhile, she took the chicken and added some seasoning and oil to the pan before cooking it. Zola watched her mom cut all the veggies up into small piece and take the chicken off, shredding it and putting it I. The broth.

She scraped the vegetables from the cutting board to the pot, stirring everything around until it was all cooked. She kept the soup on a low boil to keep warm while they waited for dinner.

Mer walked over and took Zola out of her chair, taking her to her playroom and setting her down.

Her phone rang.

"Hello?"
"Hey, I'll be home in 10"
"Oh you'll be early!"
"Yes my surgery got pushed"
"Ok well I made dinner!"
"Do I need to pick up backup pizza?"
"No! It tastes good!"
"Ok"

She hung up the phone and got some bowls out, filling them with soup. She put Zola's into a little plastic bowl that had a straw so she could drink the soup.

She brought the bowls to the table and heard the door open, seeing a tall figure walk through and put his briefcase down. Meredith smiled and walked over to him, immediately seeing him smile and grab her hips.

"Hi" he said with a 'I'm so in love with you' smile.

"Hi" she smiled sweetly and leaned up to kiss him. He smiled and grabbed her butt, giving it a squeeze before Zola walked in.

"Dada..." she whispered and started waddling over to him. "Hi princess!" He bent down to her level and picked her up, throwing her up and then blowing on her belly.

She giggled and he set her down. "Mm it does smell good in here" he took a smell of the scents around the room.

"Yea! I made chicken soup!" They all walked over to the table and sat down. Derek took his spoon and took a bite, tasting it for a moment before looking at her.

"Wow! This is really good mer, good job" he leaned over and gave her a kiss. She smiled and they continued eating.

——

"Ok Zozo is down for the night" Meredith walked into the kitchen and saw Derek cleaning up. She smiled and sat down on the counter near the sink and watched him finish up the dishes.

"So how was your day?" She asked and bit her lip. He smiled and turned the water off, standing in front of her in between her legs with his hands at her side.

"Hmm... well I taught a lesson to the interns. Had a quick aneurysm clip. Then my other divers got pushed because the guy ate a thing of cheese cake his family made him." Derek laughed and leaned up to give her a kiss.

"What did you teach?" She asked and put her hands on his shoulders.

"How to put a drain line in" he laughed and rolled his eyes. "Did they do good?" She asked and pulled him a bit closer.

"No because they couldn't understand anything I was telling them." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"Well I used to love it when you stood behind me and whispered the instructions in my ear" she giggled. Derek smiled.