Chapter 5: The Plan

Banner above made by anonymousssN 

Alejandro, Lei, Stefano, Alfonso and Alfredo were all sitting in a small meeting room.

"I'm sorry I'm late!"

A man that looked almost identical to Alfredo hurried in. He held two cups of coffee, wearing a cream-colored suit. Same brown hair, same blue eyes.

"Ah, Lei," Alfredo smiled, "this is my brother, Alberto. Alberto, this is Lei."

Alberto Corleone smiled.

Now all six people were seated.

"So...why have you called us for a meeting, Lei?" Alejandro inquired.

"Alfredo told me about the masquerade ball, the Barzini one."

"I was thinking...perhaps, we could actually talk to Tattaglia there? Or- I don't know- have some sort of meeting? At the ball."

"That's actually a very good idea," Alejandro pronounced, clearing his throat a little, "the ball is safe."

"The ball starts at six every year, and the first hour is usually just guests entering. We'd be able to track down Remus and his men if we kept an eye on the entrance doors," Alfredo said, pushing back his glasses."

"If we are able to track down Remus throughout Barzini's opening speech-" Albert continued.

"We could potentially follow him to the masquerade ballroom." Alfredo finished.

"It is possible to track him. But how do we get him to meet with us?"

Alejandro pondered a while, before replying:

"Lei," he turned to her direction, "you mentioned that Remus has taken a liking upon you, right? He claimed he loved you."

Lei held in a scoff, "well, yeah."

"Lei could be our bait," Alejandro said, "she'd appear in front of Remus during the masquerade dancing in the ballroom."

"He'd be curious as to why she was at the ball. She's not supposed to be in any mafias."

"-and Lei would tell him to go somewhere private so she could explain." Alfredo caught on, "and then the rest of us would be waiting at the place."

"Where though?" Alberto questioned, "where do we meet up with Remus?"

"The mansion has three floors," Alejandro recited, "the first floor is the lobby and the ballroom. The second floor is Barzini's private rooms. Not sure about the third floor..."

"It's for guest rooms and storage rooms," Stefano piped up.

Everyone turned to Stefano.

"I may have snuck up to explore last year," he grinned, and Lei grinned back.

"Then our meeting place will be on the third floor," Alfredo concluded.

"Lei will lead Remus up there."

Alejandro nodded a little,.

"Alberto, you'll keep an eye on the entrance so we can properly track Remus entering the ball."

"Aye aye captain," Alberto smiled.

"Alfredo," Alejandro called,"find a man named Rubert. That's our inside man. He knows Lei. We'll ask him who Remus's date is and-"

"Why do we need to know who his date is?"

"Because, Stef," Alejandro glared at him for interrupting, "you'll need to ask her for a dance during the ball. And then Lei will have a chance to talk to Remus when he's alone."

Stefano smiled and nodded obediently.

"That leaves me," Lei remarked, "I'll go over to Remus once he's alone, somewhere near him. He'll question why I'm even at the ball, and then I'll urge him to go somewhere private with me to explain."

"The rest of us will be waiting on the third floor. Stef will find a room." Alejandro seemed satisfied enough with the plan.

"This is a fine plan," Alfredo said, "but how will we contact each other? During the plan.

Silence loomed over them once more.

"Anta!" Alberto exclaimed suddenly, "She has earpieces. Last time she was on a mission, she had earpieces."

"Who's Anta?" Lei whispered to Stef.

"Al's older sister," he grinned, "and the best assassin ever."

Sister? Assassin?

"Anta's coming back tomorrow, with Aden," Don Alejandro stood up, "we'll fill her in on the plan then."

Everyone stood up along with him, pushing in the grey chairs, and leaving. Lei was about to leave when Alejandro grasped her wrist gently.

"Lei."

"Yes, Don Alejandro?" She looked up at his blue eyes.

"Do you have a ballgown? Or a formal dress?"

Lei frowned, "I don't have any of those expensive floor-length gowns. Why?"

"There's a dress code for the Barzini Ball."

"Oh," she frowned slightly.

"Anta's coming back tomorrow. I'll have her go shopping with you."

"Oh..alright then. I'll pay you after-"

"No need for that," Alejandro waved off.

"This plan was a very good idea of yours, Lei." He smiled a little.

Lei couldn't help smiling back. He had a very nice smile, a soft one. His eyes were brighter when he smiled, but he had only smiled a few times since she met him.

The two parted ways, as Lei walked home, clouded with thoughts.

They had a plan for her favor now.

---

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Hehe thanks u for all the kind messages, y'all r so wholesome awee

-Sofia